Zero Prices

Guest adamramoth

Guest adamramoth
hi Adam

I have a place on the Corniche just a mile out of Sete, yes I know Narbonne and Montpellier well too!

I have not been down in the hud yet as from door to door 890 miles so a long trip but I plan will drive down in it next year.

Paul

A great part of the world I must say and perfect for those open top thrills. I just did the journey down in mine and ill say this, put lots of suncream on your face - I was all toasted with 2 huge white rings around my eyes where my goggles were. It didnt rain though, that was a plus. Hopefully by the time you come down there may be a tiny gathering of hoodies albeit speaking in the local tongue, but we'll get by. Keep in touch Paul

Guest adamramoth
£15k does seem a little expensive considering the Classic Caterham fully built is £16k. This includes IVA and VAT but you have to pay the OTR costs (Reg, Tax, Plates)

I did have a long chat with Ian about prices being a little low for the French market, but I didnt expect them to go so high. One key factor in the great sales record GBS and more so RH have, is that you cant find a better for less really. We'll see how it affects the sales in the UK in the future.

Guest adamramoth
I bought a fully built new 2B 3yrs or so ago from RH paid £7000 for a car that ended up needing a lot of work...

You live and learn..... the hard way! Its allright now 1 engine 1 gearbox 1 loom and a lot of time and spanner throwing later.

Im certainly on their case when it comes to quality builds and looking at what they've produced for my demonstrator, they've done a pretty good job. Hope it was all worth it in the end!

Guest adamramoth
I was at the factory recently, getting stuff ready for the Stafford show, and there were several "turn key" cars there, some finished and some almost built.

The quality of the cars looked very good.

One benefit for the home builder, to my mind, is if GBSc build a quantity of cars for customers then it won't be long before the mis- fitting bits and bobs that have made us curse during our builds will soon start to be developed out of the kit.

A well built Zero at 15K with a brand new crate engine zetec IVA'd still sound like value for money if you look at other turn key prices.

JMHO though for what its worth

Just wondered,

ive been trying to load up some nice photos ive taken of my newly painted Zero but the files are too big or something. Can anyone help? Ive no idea how to 'crop' either, thanks.