Will I Fit?

Guest dinger

As some of you know I have bought a unfinished 2B/4, part of which was my impatiance to start the build, having now watched the instruction dvd and seeing the finished weight I'm a little concerned it will be too heavy for the intended use.

The problem being is that I'm no Jockey and weight 17 stone and 6 foot tall. So my question to the people in the know is....

will I fit in a zero?

mainly due to it being half the weight. please add pro's and cons between the 2B/4 and Zero, the main use of the car will be on the track.

Many thanks

Dave

Guest phil howard
As some of you know I have bought a unfinished 2B/4, part of which was my impatiance to start the build, having now watched the instruction dvd and seeing the finished weight I'm a little concerned it will be too heavy for the intended use.

The problem being is that I'm no Jockey and weight 17 stone and 6 foot tall. So my question to the people in the know is....

will I fit in a zero?

mainly due to it being half the weight. please add pro's and cons between the 2B/4 and Zero, the main use of the car will be on the track.

Many thanks

Dave

Yes, I tried a Zero at GBS, I am 6'3" and I am 15st (was 18st when I tried) ................... so I bought one.

Hi,

i think the weight stated in the video is often higher than people manage to get. The 2b will always be a bit heavier than the zero but you could make some big weight savings. If you fitted a zetec you would loose some weight over the pinto. Change the panels for aluminium. Lighter seats etc.

Wether itsactually stronger or not i don't know but i certainly like the look of the 2b chassis more than the zero. It is much bigger tubing and more space in an impact. The tube also comes up over the scuttle area which i don't think it does on the zero.

HTH

Thanks for the replies guys,

I've been out to work on the 2B today and I would like to change the front suspension set up tp double wishbone which alone is near on £600, I know there are a few people in the middle of the design which could be a little cheaper but I feel its throwing money away for the gains I would get, Being that I didnt pay alot for the unfinished kit I have to decide now before I spend anymore money on it whether its viable.

I may lose some money but I know have all the donor parts which have been refurbed or replaced with new parts and dont have to find a sierra or have the heap on my drive looking like a scrap yard, so that holds alot of wieght for me.

I'm going to visit GBS in the very near future so think I will make a final decision after that