Battery

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

Along with the emerald and swirl pot my battery tray is going to get fairly cramped. Could I use any type of motorbike battery to turn over my 2.0 zetec? just a car battery will take up lots of room.. I would like something small and compact if possible.. Any suggestions?

Guest Tim Norman

I doubt a motorbike battery would have sufficient cranking amps to turn over a car engine.

Mine is fitted at floor level in front of the passenger footwell bulkhead.

Tim's solution is a sound one as in the front of the passenger footwell there is loads of wasted space , you have only got to sit in the passenger seat to realise that, i certainly can't reach the bulkhead and it would make a good foot rest too brace ones self.

Mike

I have an Odyssey 545 which has done two years now on my zetecs. Half the size and weight of a standard battery and some reasonable deals on ebay. Still going strong and only once let me down after an engine change and ecu/sensor fault led to lots of cranking without getting the engine running. So my fault rather than the battery.

Nigel

Nigel the info on the Odyssey 545 is very useful and the spec is very impressive , i was earlier today only wondering what battery they use on the big bikes of around 2.0 ltr or so, as they may well be useful .

Mike

Potential daft question, but what is the implication (If any) for the IVA by positioning the battery in the passenger footwell?

Obviously would clamp and take piccies because a battery 'box' would be required around it.

It would certainly free up space in the Superspec engine bay for fuses / relays & washer bottle.

Cheers

Al