F1 Loss Of Identity?

Guest erichetherington

Guest erichetherington

Now that F1 wants to take over every other form of racing, first night racing and now day/night racing I've come up with a simple solution so that it's all things to all fans!

1, From start to 1st stop normal (boring, no overtaking allowed F1)

2, 1st pit stop all cars to be fitted with knobblies and next 3rd of race takes place on gravel stage in infield.

3. 2nd pitstop to finish lights fitted to all cars and they race through the night so proving they are men not a bunch of boys!

Guest madrallysport
Leave F1 alone!! best excuse for; & way of inducing; an afternoon snooze. Need to watch the high-lights ?? to see what happened; but I'll probably fall asleep again.

I agree best hang over snooze there is ;)

Guest Ian & Carole
Leave F1 alone!! best excuse for; & way of inducing; an afternoon snooze. Need to watch the high-lights ?? to see what happened; but I'll probably fall asleep again.

Yep another afternoon with zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even the last lap was nearly excitingzzzzzzzzzzzz whoops gone againzzzzz

How can they repeatedly say Buton the world champion..... Hamiton is STILL the world champion untill the presentation in December.

Its a bit like how they forgot who won the race 2 weeks ago, the impartial BBC hummmmm....

Guest zoomzoom

The best thing to do is to change the rules to ban overtaking, and I think you will find that all of a sudden they will be overtaking each other left, right, and centre.

Now ferrari are in charge of the rules it could be your car has to be red to win :o

I've enjoyed the BBC coverage of the F1 this year. Ok you say "the impartial BBC hummmmm.... " heck we just had our 2nd world F1 champ decided should they of ignored him and just gotten on with watching the presentations? I loved watching the Brawn guys celebrating and picking up the atmosphere! Heck it's a BBC service for the UK, not worldwide and I think the coverage was spot on.

Stunning track yesterday and was a shame Lewis went out, as I think it may of been more interesting had he not. Good couple of last laps watching Buton catching up fast and trying to get past. Looking forward to next season with Lotus coming in :)

Yep, I usually nod off to the F1 too! I've see a few of the races this year and have enjoyed them much more than ones I've seen in previous years.

I think this is partly due to the range of teams which have had success this year and I think also due to the coverage being done by the BBC. In particular I think the new presenter has done a fantastic job - they also seem to be getting across the atmosphere of F1 and the ins & outs of the sport rather than just watching the cars go round the track.

Ahhh yesss --- Brands Hatch --- Concord VERY low level fly-pass --- Harrier Jump-Jet melting your ears -- & the racing was good; cars still drifted round the bends petrol under a quid/gallon & a 99 didn't refer to the price of the ice-cream stop dreaming can't un-invent things.

Guest trackerjack

Only problem I have with the BBC is the employment of that prize prat Jake Humphrey what a total tosser.

He is alomost as bad as the two fat freaks that front up Fifth Gear when its on.

F1 is very important to the UK car design and construction firms who are at the forefront of the business.It has become very boring so why not make a few changes:-

The basis of a car race should be a driver,a car, a set of tyres,a tank full of fuel and a pit information board held out to give the driver information about his position,times etc.

There should be no radio communication between the pits and the driver,nor with the engine,suspension etc.

If the driver wishes to fit new tyres or take on more fuel there should be a mandatory wait in the pits to make it unattractive to do this (too frequently).This would encourage the use of more efficient engines and longer lasting tyres.

This would take the sport back to a 'man and machine' basis which would make it more entertaining than the current computer dominated rubbish.

I love F1, this season has been great and I think the BBC has done a briliant job of getting around the teams that count, not just the ones that want advertising! Silverstone this year was imense, so many people and a great buzz. just a shame it took over 3 hrs to get out.

I really hope we have a British GP next year.