Getting Parcel Tape Glue Off

Guest craig030774

Guest craig030774

hi started to fit weather gear but when i took the parcel tape off it has left the brown glue on the clear back window and the canvas and the stainless . any tips to remove without marking the body/roof.

cheers guys

Guest snowman

Try Pledge (or somilar furniture polish) - spray it on fairly generously, leave it for three or 4 minutes and wipe it off :D

works for removing most adhesives, price tags etc.

Try Methylated Spirit.

Just don't drink too much :D

A tramp goes into a diy store and ask the shopkeeper for some methylated spirit.

shop keeper " sorry mate, I cant sell it to you as I think you are going to drink it "

tramp " I'm not going to drink it, I have some packing tape residue on my robin hood roof I need to remove "

shop keeper " Its still a NO mate, Just cant sell it to tramps "

tramp " honest,,,,, its for removing packing tape residue "

The shop keeper finally give in and gets the tramp some methylated spirit and hands it to the tramp.

Tramp takes it in his hand and turns to the shop keeper........................... " have you got a cold one? "

I was going to say WD40, its great for cleaning, removing dirt and a whole big list of other stuff,

Incidently, Wurth have a nice product for this sort of thing. It gets off everything from sticky residue to caked on Engine Oil mixed with chain Lube and 18 months of welded on brake powder, road salt and associated crap accumulated on my Fazer back wheel.

I can't remember what it's called but knowing Wurth it's called something like "sticky residue, oil and associated muck cleaner". It's in an aerosole and I think about a fiver.

Guest pwlcarz

Just a final word to endorse Goo Gone.

It's the stuff we use a work to remove any tape residue, sticky labels and a variety of marks. Not known to damage any surface and once you wipe it off it's gone too - doesn't leave any grease or oily surface behind.

Definitely reccommended.