Cash Machines

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

went to get some cash out of one of the hole in the wall machines - no go ,went into Halifax they told me all cash machines and on line banking are down in the UK , don't know if it's only Halifax or all banks??????

peter2b

its Halifax and Bank of Scotland, some power disruption to their I.T. centre has caused all cash machines and on line banking to fail, but you can't even go to another banks cash machine, as it says that transactions are not authorised - guess who else is with Halifax.

Then to make matters worse Manchester Fire Service have somehow managed not to pay us this month, gruel and water in the Johnston household for the forseeable future!!

Just for the record, HBOS (Halifax, Bank of Scotland & Sainsburys) suffered major power disruption today which started at 07:24. They were all back on-line by 13:25.

It's usual for bank staff in these circumstances to say that the 'LINK Network' is down. This was NOT the case. It was their network only that was affected.

Of course, if you were unfortunate enough to have a card issued by HBOS during this time, you wouldn't have been able to get service at any ATM whether it be HBOS owned or not.

ATM transactions are real-time and rely upon sufficient funds being in your account and suitably (electronicaly) authorised before cash can be dispensed.

How do I know all this? I work for the 'LINK Network'.

Clicky

Yes I was down Sainsburys bout 6pm. The chap in front said its broken and wont give money out.

I tried anyway and and it worked for me

(Im with Natwest but maybe because my wages are so small it must have thought what harm can a tenner do :D )