S7 Chassis Number

Guest kj7

Can anyone tell me if the chassis number would have been stamped on a robin hood s7, my brother has bought one and it looks like it has been on the road in the past, but he bought it as an unfinished project.

cheers

kj7

No necessarily - the S7 is one of the older Hoods so it could quite feasibly have been on the road before it became a requirement.

It could also have been on the road but still described as a Cortina/Sierra and someone decided to sell it as a "project" because they didn't like the idea of having to go through the registration process themselves.

Iain

I had an S7 years ago, to get correctly registered at the time required an inspection at the local DVLA office and an updated log book and an MOT. The Sierra log book was basically changed to RobinHood, S7 , 2 axle rigid body, most S7s where reregistered using the Sierra VIN number and had the doner VIN plate fitted but no stamped number.

Your log book is key, if it says RobinHood S7 or something similar its been registered correctly and all you need is an MOT to get on the road, but if the log book states Ford Sierra 2.0LX its not a correctly registered kit car and you will need to IVA it.

Jez

I had an S7 years ago, to get correctly registered at the time required an inspection at the local DVLA office and an updated log book and an MOT. The Sierra log book was basically changed to RobinHood, S7 , 2 axle rigid body, most S7s where reregistered using the Sierra VIN number and had the doner VIN plate fitted but no stamped number.

Your log book is key, if it says RobinHood S7 or something similar its been registered correctly and all you need is an MOT to get on the road, but if the log book states Ford Sierra 2.0LX its not a correctly registered kit car and you will need to IVA it.

Jez

Hi thanks for the replys i will let him know, like i say he bought and will put it through the IVA, just thought that if someone had been using it and it had the chassis number he could apply for the log book.

cheers

kj7