Bolts

Guest maco

Guest zoomzoom

Hi I found that the bolts in the supplied pack from GBS where all too short or to long and that you have 5 bolts of almost the correct length when you need 6 and over a hundred of screws,washers,fasnuts etc you don't use. :o

But I found the diagram on page 23 of the build manual to be most helpful in sorting out the bolts, washers, etc

In other words NO its not just you!! :D I think its just the hoody way.

Guest mcramsay

go to screw fix, buy assorted lengths of m8, m10 and m12 set screws with matching washers, you should get them in packs of 100 for under a tenner for the lot of them, then, buy your self a hacksaw and some blades. (and a vice if you dont dont already have one) and nyloc nuts ofcourse, and cut your own bolts to size. quicker than trying to work through the stuff they give you. and its always super helpful to have different size bolts in the garage, guaranteed the bolt you despiratley need to continue the build wont be in the build pack

yeh

in my pack there isnt enough bolts the washers are rubbish and the quality of the bolt aint very good apparently me dad said there going to rust very quickly

so we going to be buying new ones aswell lol probably from screwfix lol

lmao thts the hoody way :rofl:

matt

Guest phil howard
yeh

in my pack there isnt enough bolts the washers are rubbish and the quality of the bolt aint very good apparently me dad said there going to rust very quickly

so we going to be buying new ones aswell lol probably from screwfix lol

lmao thts the hoody way :rofl:

matt

Do screwfix do API 8.8 bolts?

I make weekly trips to the bolt suppliers........I will probably get a christmas card with them.

Cheers

Phil

Guest phil howard
Hi I found that the bolts in the supplied pack from GBS where all too short or to long and that you have 5 bolts of almost the correct length when you need 6 and over a hundred of screws,washers,fasnuts etc you don't use. :o

But I found the diagram on page 23 of the build manual to be most helpful in sorting out the bolts, washers, etc

In other words NO its not just you!! :D I think its just the hoody way.

I think page 23 of my manual must have been missed................ but luckily most of my bolts seemed to be long enough (though a few did need cutting).

Do screwfix do API 8.8 bolts?

I make weekly trips to the bolt suppliers........I will probably get a christmas card with them.

Cheers

Phil

im not sure ive got to have a look in the screwfix book if they do the lengths i need first ill let you know lol

thanks matt

as zoom zoom said the manual was most helpful for the breakdown of screws, or was that just breakdown in general???

I used most of those supplied then used a lot of the bolts and screws, washers etc off the donor, apart from those that are a bit more stringent with regards to safety. If I needed anymore, then went to the nut and bolt company in Camberley, every bolt, screw, nut available, including the harness bolts, which I found did not fit properly.

hey :hi:

did everybody when starting to put the suspention together realise that the bolts was way to big for the places they was suppose to be?

or is it just me :huh:

matt

Hi Matt. Cozzy, new member, not far from you! No it aint you mate. Im equally bewildered! Have you sorted your pedal box set up yet? Pressed in all the bushes, pushed in the spacer tube, which appears too long, and then the only bolt in the kit thats anywhere near the length i want, isn't long enough to get the loud pedal on!

Also, what master cylinder are you using?

Ciao for now, Roy.

Hi Roy,

The loud pedal on the zero is not in line with clutch and brake and is mounted seperate and forwards towards the driver.

Two bushes are inserted in the tube welded to the chasis and two in each pedal the tube then goes through mounting brake and clutch.

I wound in the chasis bushes with a big g clamp and wood very slowly.

If you don't have the bolt i aquired a spare i can send you.

My folks live in s normanton so i get over now and then if you get stuck before your build overtakes mine!

Good luck Andrew

Guest phil howard
Hi Matt. Cozzy, new member, not far from you! No it aint you mate. Im equally bewildered! Have you sorted your pedal box set up yet? Pressed in all the bushes, pushed in the spacer tube, which appears too long, and then the only bolt in the kit thats anywhere near the length i want, isn't long enough to get the loud pedal on!

Also, what master cylinder are you using?

Ciao for now, Roy.

Some of the answers you are looking for (sketch of the pedal arrangement, master cylinder details) are covered in my blog page (if that helps)

http://gbszero-philhoward.blogspot.com/

Also the bolts from Screwfix are not to API 8.8 ............. I would be careful where you use them.

Some of the answers you are looking for (sketch of the pedal arrangement, master cylinder details) are covered in my blog page (if that helps)

http://gbszero-philhoward.blogspot.com/

Also the bolts from Screwfix are not to API 8.8 ............. I would be careful where you use them.

Hi Phil. Thanks for the advice. Great blog! I'll be keeping an eye on it! Your Diagram and the photo's make it clear. (unlike the GBS cd i got with the kit) Still dont have an M10 X 160 bolt though! The only one in my bag o bolts is 200mm long.

Thanks again,

Roy.

Hi Roy,

The loud pedal on the zero is not in line with clutch and brake and is mounted seperate and forwards towards the driver.

Two bushes are inserted in the tube welded to the chasis and two in each pedal the tube then goes through mounting brake and clutch.

I wound in the chasis bushes with a big g clamp and wood very slowly.

If you don't have the bolt i aquired a spare i can send you.

My folks live in s normanton so i get over now and then if you get stuck before your build overtakes mine!

Good luck Andrew

Hi Andrew. Thanks for that. I'v been a bit puzzled by it, as i am a number of things! I didn't realise that about the loud pedal. Durrrr! Seriously though, it just isn't clear on the cd. Yes thankyou, i would appreciate the pukka bolt. Don't mind paying for it plus any postage/packing etc. Alternatively, i live 5 mins away from sth Normanton.

Thanks for that mate!

Cheers Roy.