Bolts

Guest maco

Hi Matt. Cozzy, new member, not far from you! No it aint you mate. Im equally bewildered! Have you sorted your pedal box set up yet? Pressed in all the bushes, pushed in the spacer tube, which appears too long, and then the only bolt in the kit thats anywhere near the length i want, isn't long enough to get the loud pedal on!

Also, what master cylinder are you using?

Ciao for now, Roy.

hey cozzy

no i havent started on either of those yet lol ive been sorting out all the suspension and bolts thts im not happy with a.k getting new bolts and i need to deber or want ever its called to give enough room for the spaces to go through the top hats lol and also make new spares for other areas rather than sticking washers in lol

but where abouts are you in the build ? you sound abit ahead of me lol

did you get yours powder coated or did you paint it like i have lol

thanks matt

thanks mate

will have alook but i think me dad is going to order them from his works suppliers lol not sure what there called but probably abit cheeper aswell lol

thanks matt

hey cozzy

no i havent started on either of those yet lol ive been sorting out all the suspension and bolts thts im not happy with a.k getting new bolts and i need to deber or want ever its called to give enough room for the spaces to go through the top hats lol and also make new spares for other areas rather than sticking washers in lol

but where abouts are you in the build ? you sound abit ahead of me lol

did you get yours powder coated or did you paint it like i have lol

thanks matt

Hi Matt. Im still early in the build. I think you are ahead of me. Now i'v sorted the pedal box with the help of you and a few other Hoodies, im busy doing the inner panelling on the drivers side. Im hoping to get the diff, driveshafts and back end sorted over the holiday. Yes i got it powder coated.

Cheers Cozzy.

Cossy, when you panel the tunnel, make some inspection hatches for access to the speedo and reverse light switch on the right and another hatch for the gearbox oil fill on the left.

Making the top panel removable to get to the propshaft front UJ grease nipple, the gearlever bolts and possibly the gearbox top cover will make life so much easier in the future.

Hi Matt. Im still early in the build. I think you are ahead of me. Now i'v sorted the pedal box with the help of you and a few other Hoodies, im busy doing the inner panelling on the drivers side. Im hoping to get the diff, driveshafts and back end sorted over the holiday. Yes i got it powder coated.

Cheers Cozzy.

hey

make sure u file down the edges of all the panels or it will take you powder coating off just to let ya know lol well if ya ever need any help with the build cozzy i will gladly help ya out also if ya want ask question about things there this and also the nottingham and derbyshire have a meeting together every first weekand in each month if you fancy come up?

thanks matt ^_^

Cossy, when you panel the tunnel, make some inspection hatches for access to the speedo and reverse light switch on the right and another hatch for the gearbox oil fill on the left.

Making the top panel removable to get to the propshaft front UJ grease nipple, the gearlever bolts and possibly the gearbox top cover will make life so much easier in the future.

Hi Paul. Good advice matey. Thankyou. Im on with the panelling now, so what better time.

Thanks again,

Cheers Cossy.

hey

make sure u file down the edges of all the panels or it will take you powder coating off just to let ya know lol well if ya ever need any help with the build cozzy i will gladly help ya out also if ya want ask question about things there this and also the nottingham and derbyshire have a meeting together every first weekand in each month if you fancy come up?

thanks matt ^_^

Hi Matt, thanks for the offer mate, and the advice, and yes i must come to the meetings.

Thanks again.

Roy.

Guest oddsocks

Whats the difference between the bolts?

Some got api 8.8 others got saf-doin this off memory so might not be quite right.

I need some bolts to fit pedals and everything else by the looks as i've only got a the couple of bolts left!

What do i need to look for when buying bolts? High strength?

Whats the difference between the bolts?

Some got api 8.8 others got saf-doin this off memory so might not be quite right.

I need some bolts to fit pedals and everything else by the looks as i've only got a the couple of bolts left!

What do i need to look for when buying bolts? High strength?

Hi Yanto

The definition of an 8.8 spec bolt is " a bolt with a UTS (ultimate tensile strength) of 800 N/mm2 and a yield stress which is 80% of this. Basically use anywhere where there is liable to be any possible stresses or shear forces. (eg. Steering and suspension components.

Cheers Cozzy.

Guest oddsocks
Hi Yanto

The definition of an 8.8 spec bolt is " a bolt with a UTS (ultimate tensile strength) of 800 N/mm2 and a yield stress which is 80% of this. Basically use anywhere where there is liable to be any possible stresses or shear forces. (eg. Steering and suspension components.

Cheers Cozzy.

Cheers cozzy.

So is it best just to get aload of them and use them eveywhere?

Hi Andrew. Thanks for that. I'v been a bit puzzled by it, as i am a number of things! I didn't realise that about the loud pedal. Durrrr! Seriously though, it just isn't clear on the cd. Yes thankyou, i would appreciate the pukka bolt. Don't mind paying for it plus any postage/packing etc. Alternatively, i live 5 mins away from sth Normanton.

Thanks for that mate!

Cheers Roy.

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the bolt matey, got it this afternoon. Pedal box fitted and ready for action.

Thanks again mate!

Cheers, Roy.