Bike Carbs

Guest kj7

A bit of advice please, fully rebuilt 2.0 ohc, home made manifold with z1100 carbs fully stripped. Have a spark but nowt, how far do i turn the mixture screew any thing else to check.

I will give Bogg brother a call tomorrow.

after i had rebuild my pinto and put r1 carbs on it would not start i fault it was the carbs playing up as i had a spark did not seem to have fuel going in but after lots of playing it was the timing that was out simple moving the dizzy had it running fine

dont know if that helps but that was my problem

normally 2-3 turns on the mix screw.

as nigle says

and if its cold in the workshop you should have to use the choke.

chris

The timing is set up as per the book and the car starts with a bit easy start, keep you up to date.

• 3 weeks later...
The timing is set up as per the book and the car starts with a bit easy start, keep you up to date.

Well as promised, stripped the carbs down and found the float sticking, now the pump cuts off as last time it pi**ed petrol out. Re set the timing as it has a vernier pulley hard to get the markings right, used the enricher device (choke) and away she went very pleased, need to set the timing out while its running and ballance the carbs.

Very pleased :D :D