Taken Kit Out For First Spin (literally)

Guest mac801123

Guest mac801123

Hi all :hi:

Well I got me reg plates yesterday and took it out this morning for it's first run.... :D

Got on to the dualcarraige way went round a right hand bend a slid on the slippery surface and the front caught the kirb and spun me around and backwards in to a bank which I then went up and hit some railings.

The car then stopped back on the road ontop of the rear driverside wheel (which was now under me but still upright).

I was only doing 40mph as there were other cars around me, but I did manage not to hit anyone else though. :vava:

Will try to get a pic on here to show the damage, but I think it's totalled.....

Oh well I'll just have to start again..

1 year to build and reg the car, 5mins drive and then 5 hours in A & E.... is'nt life a B1TCH.. :(

Many tanks Mike. :cray:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mac801123

Hi Woolly :hi:

Dented pride....

I noticed when I got out the side where I had my hip was pushed in so I got slightly crushed in the seat, and got a very bad hip at the mo.... :vava:

The car was very strong in the impact so I still got out and walked away. :good:

Many thanks Mike

all i can say is i built it so if i bend it i can mend it ;) strong cars, your not the first and wont be the last and most do it in the first week or two after building or buying i know i did it 2 week after buying but it lives. :D :D :D

Guest phil howard
Hi Woolly :hi:

Dented pride....

I noticed when I got out the side where I had my hip was pushed in so I got slightly crushed in the seat, and got a very bad hip at the mo.... :vava:

The car was very strong in the impact so I still got out and walked away. :good:

Many thanks Mike

Sorry to hear that........but perhaps it is a warning for the rest of us.

At least your ok,

Phil

Chhers

Its definitely a steep learning curve driving your lightweight, rear wheel drive toy in the cold and damp after getting out of your super forgiving front wheel drive euro box, main thing is, that you walked away from it. The car can be rebuilt or replaced.

Took mine out in the cold n frost on Thursday for about 30 miles and it was attention grabbing to say the least :wacko: as well as bloody fresh!!

sorry to hear of the incident , hope your ok .

as phil says it maybe repairable , if not its not , some consolation should be that its insured .

and you are still here .

all the best graham

2 weeks in 360'd mine up a 5inch curb into a small ditch me and my brother got out without a scratch the only dent to be found was my pride, with the help of a few blokes who stopped we lifted the front out of the ditch and pushed / drove it up the bank only damage was the rear alloy had lost a large chunk of its lip tyre was still on and full of air. 3yrs on still enjoying the car but only in the summer i treat it like a bike.

Dan

Guest The Modfather

So sad to hear, but main thing is you're out and ok.

It certainly is a big wake up for everyone, and these cars are light, fast, quick off the mark and hard to stop quickly. They are a different breed from your normal daily drive as what has already been said.

As an advanced police pursuit driver and assessor even I got caught out in the first few days of driving mine, and then it had a small carb on it!

If you can afford it, and I wish every one could do it, go and do your advanced driving course with I.A.M. It will be worth every penny and will teach you things you never knew.

Don't take theselittle cars for granted...........THEY BITE

Hope you get the car back on the road and soon, glad you are safe though, best wishes.

Darren

Feel for you mate,

Happened to me today coming out of an island she went sideways and the opposite curb got closer and closer. As luck would have it, she snatched back with an inch or so to spare. Some local lads were clapping thinking it was a planned and well excecuted power slide.... It wasnt.

Funny how those couple of seconds seem last a life time.

Sorry to hear of this, I think your spirit is amazing given the time you've put into it...I guess you are just thankful not to have been hurt which is very good news.

I'm sure with this attitude you'll be well on the way to being back on the road in one form or another in no time.

Best Wishes

Guest bimboone

mike i know how you feel same thing happened to me two years to build a marlin roadster very first trip out a drunk driver stuffed into the side of me i felt like killing him he had no insurance so got nothing . as they say if you can build it you can mend it.hope your ok. bob