Zeros At Emareld

Guest RJHALL

Thought this might be interesting, I took two Zeros down to Emareld to be mapped one with a 2ltr zetec on 45mm jenveys and the other a duratec on 45mm jenveys they both had the same exhaust manifold design but the duratec had a high flow Cat before the silencer.

Zetec made 175bhp and 152lbf

Duratec 185bhp and 159lbf

If any one wants a copy of the maps i have them.

Richard

post-780-1260834123_thumb.jpg

post-780-1260834252_thumb.jpg

post-780-1260834370_thumb.jpg

Guest oddsocks
Thought this might be interesting, I took two Zeros down to Emareld to be mapped one with a 2ltr zetec on 45mm jenveys and the other a duratec on 45mm jenveys they both had the same exhaust manifold design but the duratec had a high flow Cat before the silencer.

Zetec made 175bhp and 152lbf

Duratec 185bhp and 159lbf

If any one wants a copy of the maps i have them.

Richard

I wouldnt mind having a map for the zetec on jenveys-thats the route im going when i finally finish building it!!

Ps. nice builds, both yours?

Edited by yanto

hi rich

any chance of building me an ex manifold for the st .

it will need a custom plate for the head and a set of larger tubes for the ex .poss 43mm ?

i feel there are a lot of horses waiting to be let loose ,

let me know if things have changed .

graham

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RJHALL

Hi i would say the Zetec is the easier engine to fit in both the 2b and Zero as it is a more conventional design and fit straight to the type 9 or MT75 and the clutch and fly wheel can be used as they are. The Duratec will cost more as there are extra parts needed. On the road driving the two cars the Duratec does feel abit sweeter, i think a bit of this was down to the fact it had a lightend flywheel the difference in power was noticeable but not too much. So in my opinion i would go for the Zetec as it is cheaper and easier to fit, having said that if you want to do tuning mods in the future to get over 200bhp it may be better to look at the Duratec. A 175bhp Zetec in a Zero or 2b makes a very quick car!

Richard

Guest smartfazer

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info, it's nice to see your valuable input here on the forum. I can't wait to get to the stage of puting engine in and firing it up.

I know you are busy, but would love to hear more from you on here, it may even be good for business.

Steve