Thieving B'stards

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Just went out to the car (as it currently sits outside the overcrowded garage), to find my brand new cover no longer adorning my Hood, and the driver's side wet weather door open, with 2" snow covering the inside of the driver's side!

I hadn't even put my feedback on Ebay for the cover yet!

Well I hope that whenever the thieving b'stard puts it on his car, it will catch fire and melt all over the car :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Shame they didn't knock on my door and tell me they were nicking it.

Guest bimboone

cleared out a blacksmiths once and got the biggest anvil ive ever seen i thought great no more putting bits of metal in the crack of the pavement to bend it the guy left it by my front door it was so heavy i could hardly move it i thought i put in the garage in the morning big mistake so f---er only nicked it. oh well back to the crack in the pavement.

Guest The Modfather
Are you certain it was nicked as i have had to put two long bungie cords diagonaly across mine to stop it blowing away, just flaps a wee bit now and it stays on thankfully.

Mike

Well, I know it was blowy last night, but my garage is well secluded with a house one side and a 6 foot wall the other. Of course it is a possibility, but how did the door open itself? Now, being a copper, I should be able to solve this minor offence, but, having walked around the close, it is nowhere to be seen, as I'm sure it would have been hung up on one of the many shrubs that are at the beginning of my driveway, or in the vacciniy

Perhaps I've been a copper too long, and just naturally think that there are scum that would nick the most stupid of things just for the sake of annoying proper folk.......................Oh yeah, there are scum like that!

Besides, who would want to nick Bimboone's anvil? No one, it's just scum annoying proper folk.

Perhaps I should've put one of my German Shepherds in the car. I know who would win ;) ;) ;)

Thats why i have perimeter beams on my drive with wireless chime in the house 5 x halogens 3 cctv cams and full intruder alarm on my garage, because of the sh*t bags who can't be arsed to work for a living breaking into my cars 5 times not been back sense fort knox was created.

Worse thing is i live in a village in derbyshire where you would not expect to get hit. :help:

The best part of the defense is the beams, as soon as anyone comes on the property they set a klaxon off in the garage just loud enough to get peoples attention but not enough to pee the neighbours off.

Should not have to do all this.

prob a bit overkill for a car cover :D

Dan

Guest salty_monk

I suspect the Anvil was taken for it's scrap metal value... When scrap was fetching a premium anything remotely metal was snapped up by "travelling folk" or the like.......

I left out an old boiler to be taken to the dump the next day... they saved me the trip.

Dan :)

Now, being a copper, I should be able to solve this minor offence, but, having walked around the close, it is nowhere to be seen, as I'm sure it would have been hung up on one of the many shrubs that are at the beginning of my driveway, or in the vacciniy

Perhaps I've been a copper too long, and just naturally think that there are scum that would nick the most stupid of things just for the sake of annoying proper folk.......................Oh yeah, there are scum like that!

At last! Not on my own anymore! ;)

Guest The Modfather

My neighbour opposite knocked on my door last night, holding my car cover! He said that he had come home late at around 11.30pm, and saw 2 men coming from the direction of my garage. He believed that they weren't from any of the houses, as we know everybody, and then noticed my cover on the ground. He saw them go out the close and collected the cover and put it in his garage. He hadn't noticed the car's weather door open, so they may have come back later and tried to have it away.

It is now in the garage, out of sight, with new tough security!

Good stuff.

A community....... quite rare these days.

Imagine a world where everyone looked out for their neighbours?

You guys in the force wouldnt be overstreched, crime would be really difficult to perform, crims might even stop to think

that what they are doing is wrong rather than an opportunity.

And it wouldnt cost the tax payers a bean.

Nice thought

Guest smartfazer

Andi,

It is a nice thought.

The trouble is that there are too many a**holes out there who will take anything first, and then worry about what it is that they have just stolen.

Put them all in chaingangs clearing rubbish and cleaning graffiti and the like. That's what I say.