Xmas Number One

thespannerman

Guest axle man again
never seen it , if it's on I just plug in my ear phones close my eyes and listen to Led Zeplin 2 or 3

peter2b :db:

Treat your self to "How The West Was Won" Oh My God Zep at their finest! :yahoo:

i'm not too fussed about the sweary lyrics, i'm with steven fry in that words are only words, and are not of any real harm. what sets the RATM anti corporate control/establishment swearing lyrics apart from the rap music we get so much of is the degrading, misogenistic violence implicit within the rap culture that seems to get airtime quite happily then we have a fit if someone says a rude word on the radio or telly. i cant help feeling that the unpleasant nature of rap culture has a far more corrosive effect on our world.

now its been shown that it is possible to beat the soppy xfactor bangwagon i cant help feeling that we'll see this happen again. if it happens again next year, i bet xfactor pops up at a different time of the year, since the only reason it was timed as it is, is so the climax feeds straight into the xmas number one.

a small victory against the blandness of media driven popular culture. (aka cowell)