Motivation Engine Mock Up!

Guest jetskijase

Guest jetskijase

Making notes and want to do an article in the mag, only time =scale is well before lemans classic with enough time to prove reliable!!

Horse power?mmmmm. well it's only the baby 3.5 as they are pennies on ebay. the picture of the red one complete was only 100 quid! And it was spotless. And sold all the injection etc that i didnt need for 120 quid!!! so 20 quid up!

So i'd like 170 bhp ish 200 would be great but as nick said i'd need to start with the 3.9 for that figure.

Cheers

Making notes and want to do an article in the mag, only time =scale is well before lemans classic with enough time to prove reliable!!

Horse power?mmmmm. well it's only the baby 3.5 as they are pennies on ebay. the picture of the red one complete was only 100 quid! And it was spotless. And sold all the injection etc that i didnt need for 120 quid!!! so 20 quid up!

So i'd like 170 bhp ish 200 would be great but as nick said i'd need to start with the 3.9 for that figure.

Cheers

Hi Jason,

I'd advise you to use a thermal insulator block between the inlet manifold and carb. The float chambers are very low in the Weber and if your looking for 170 BHP plus you'll be reving it high with a 3.5.

Without an insulator you could end up running very lean due to fuel evaporation, particularly at higher RPM.

The off the shelf ones from Weber / RPi etc are too thick for your application so make your own using a bit of Tufnoll, Phenolic or similar.

Are you going solid lifters with adjustable pushrods??

Cheers,

Nick.