Mechanical To Electric Fuel Pump "pinto"

Guest Top Cat

Guest Top Cat

Hi all

after having my 2.0 pinto tuned by Dave Bogg, 120 bhp at the wheels :rolleyes: I have found it now runs out of fuel at top revs in forth gear, (5 speed box) I am convinced that this is due to the std mech pump not being able to deliver enough fuel so I want to fit an electric conversion. Ideally I would like to buy a complete kit, does anyone have any advise on which pump/kit to go for. maybe someone has just what I am looking for gathering dust in the garage!!!

Any help apprieciated as usual

Trev

Guest Top Cat
On my bike carb converted pinto i use a facet silvertop pump with filter king regulator adjusted to 2.5psi.

Works a treat.

Dan

Thanks Dan, does this set up use a return pipe to the fuel tank ?

The standard pump is driven by the engine so increases as revs rise, should be good for 140 to 150bhp.

If you have bike carbs then an equivalent bike pump would be good, low pressure, high flow.

A simple mod of 8mm or 10mm pipes may supply more volume for you.

You won't get a complete kit, you will need an electric pump, a free flow filter between tank and pump, and a fuel filter regulator such as a filterking

Guest Top Cat
The standard pump is driven by the engine so increases as revs rise, should be good for 140 to 150bhp.

If you have bike carbs then an equivalent bike pump would be good, low pressure, high flow.

A simple mod of 8mm or 10mm pipes may supply more volume for you.

You won't get a complete kit, you will need an electric pump, a free flow filter between tank and pump, and a fuel filter regulator such as a filterking

Hi, I am running twin 40s not bike carbs but the starvation only occurrs in 4th gear as I reach top revs, if I go up into 5th and ease of the accelerator it will run fine, as soon as I try and accelerate again it will hesitate. it feels as if the float chambers are emtying at prolonged high revs but if you read my previous posts on the webbers, I was having problems with them flooding at low revs. thats why I took it for rolling road tuning. The car is running spot on upto 75mph so if I put bigger bore pipes on, this might bring back my flooding problems do you think?