Snowy Run Out

Grim

Anyone else been out in the snow?

Came back from the folks yesterday, got to the bottom of the snake pass and it was closed. No problem thinks I, and carried on regardless. Soon slowed to a crawl in 1st gear, passed two lorries in ditches and numerous cars just abandoned, some on the road, some in ditches! Coming over the top was very tricky, complete white out conditions at times, but things rapidly improved as i started descending the other side.

Here's a photo i took once i had come down the valley a bit into some shelter.

p1000595adjustedmedium.jpg

Andy

Very well done, great pic too, if i was 40yrs younger i would have done just the same and i did too back in the late 60s in a mk1 sprite my first sports car, it was great on the snow as it always got me to work in time up those kentish hills.

Mike

hehe yes, probably a bit mad! I'm not sure i'd do it again

i,ve just come back from nottingham in my mondeo tdci and nearly hit a focus on a mini roundabout abs started and the car would not stop i was only going slow and was well back from the focus, went up the pavement to miss it in the end.

then on a corner going even slower it went streight on. we currently have heavy snow here.

The mondeo has to be the worst car i,ve driven in this weather !! God knows how you got your 2b over snake pass???? mine don,t even like the wet let alone snow.

Dan

ABS I'm sure is one of the worst things to be added to cars. I had a Rover which suffered a sensor fault and it convinced the car it was skidding when it wasn't which resulted in me running into the rear of a Vectra. It still makes me mad when I think about it as I've ended up with a fault accident on my record which is not due to any action or inaction on my part. With no ABS the car would have stopped no problems but due to the brain fart on the part of the computer it backed the brakes off and there was nothing I could do.

Iain

God knows how you got your 2b over snake pass???? mine don,t even like the wet let alone snow.

Very carefully, deep snowy sections i did in first gear, no touching the brakes. After the photo i crept up to 2nd gear for the next couple of miles until it slowly improved.

Got a little wheelspin whilst climbing certain sections, but didn't lock a wheel once.

Guest mower man

Hi as said previousllyMAD MAD ___K__G mad but I've got to give you 1,000.000. 000, 000 for effort all the best hopfully see you at the shows or even a Syorks meet regards mower man :crazy: 8P :good: :shok:

Grim, Now i know why your bald, lol, think i would have pulled all my hair out thinking if it was a good idea, but then again being in a LR discovery going sideways on a icy road yesterday make you think, if it was in the hood a side ways drift is far easier to sort than 4 ton of 4x4 in a slide lol

Mitch