Sliding Pillar Internal Bushes - Where Can I Purchase?

Guest MendipWursel

Guest MendipWursel

Hello Friends,

RE - SLIDING PILLAR FRONT SUSPENSION BUSHES

Does anybody know where I can purchase the main phospher bronze type bushes in my sliding pillar front suspension and also the roller bearing bush that goes on the top of the suspension unit.

Many Thanks

Kevin

The bearing as mentioned is a standard Sierra part and is used for pretty much the same job in the Sierra. I've seen them for sale on ebay for a few quid a set but failing that this type of thing can often be surprisingly cheap from the parts dept at the local Ford dealer or try a decent motor factors. Item No. 200293233678 - more pricey than I remember but it does say Cosworth in the title so that price obviously includes the Cosworth tax.

The phospher bronze bushes were part of the original kit and both made and supplied by Rbin Hood Engineering. The company has changed hands (and names) a couple of times since so whether they can/will make a set now and sell them to you is one you'll have to ask them. Failing that it's a case of talking to a local engineering firm and seeing if they can make something for you.

Iain