Wanted Complete Weather Hood

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Guest Botbuilder

I ordered a complete kit from GBS a week before Christmas. Cost about £350.00. I haven't actually received it yet as they were out of stock, but was told I should have it by last week :unsure:

• 2 months later...
Guest Neil.Pritchard
I have an unassembled weather hood set that I am not going to use in my build, as I am going the aeroscreen route.

It was purchaesd with a 2B DOHC kit in 2002 - but due to illnesses I am only just getting around to building the car.

Effectively it is new, but it has been in the garage for some time of course.

I will get it all out and check its condition if you are still interested.

Hi, yes i am interested in the hood set. Can you give me some idea what price you will be looking for. Thankyou neil.

Guest Angel Boy

Second dibs on it if you guys don't get sorted please? I'm in need of something to stop next doors cat from using the Hood as it's place of rest under all the tarpaulin other then a shotgun!!

Cheers,

Andy

Guest chris brown

If and when you find a cat deterrent Andy let us know other than traps and poison that is as I don’t want to fall out completely with my neighbours. I think £300 plus hood just to keep cats out is a little excessive as I would never drive with one on again, the Surry is enough. Someone on here once described driving a Hood with full weather gear on as akin to driving in a tent with a small slit in it and that is exactly how I felt about mine when I had it.

Guest Neil.Pritchard
Let me chack its condition first - its been tucked into a corner for a while now.

In any event, I don't really want a lot for it - I would just like it to be used properly by someone to avoid it getting put in the skip when I clear the garage.

Hi very interested in hood, let me know condition and price. Thanks Neil.

Guest Angel Boy
I have a hood set and doors - the hood was partly fitted for a few days then I decided against it. There is also a windscreen and doors etc.

The hoop tubes have been drilled for fitting and there is a couple of crude brackets for fitting - It is all in the loft safely in its material bag

If anyone is interested - I am in Dundee area

email me

stuartandannsutherland@yahoo.co.uk

You will have an email from me shortly :D

Andy

Guest Neil.Pritchard
I have a hood set and doors - the hood was partly fitted for a few days then I decided against it. There is also a windscreen and doors etc.

The hoop tubes have been drilled for fitting and there is a couple of crude brackets for fitting - It is all in the loft safely in its material bag

If anyone is interested - I am in Dundee area

email me

stuartandannsutherland@yahoo.co.uk

Hi, what price do you want for the hood set and doors. What condition are they in. How much for postage. thank Neil.

Guest prikkers
hi,I have a 2b and I am looking for a complete weather hood and doors.If anyone has one forsale please can you contact me thankyou.

There is a shop calles soft bits for sevens ( or somethink like that ) dont they have the weather kit?

I know my wive is going to fabricate one for me this somer :D ( she own's an sailmakers atelier )

I will ask how much it will cost to make one for RHOCAR members!

Regards,

Pierre Rikkers

Guest shaggy
If and when you find a cat deterrent Andy let us know other than traps and poison that is as I don’t want to fall out completely with my neighbours. I think £300 plus hood just to keep cats out is a little excessive as I would never drive with one on again, the Surry is enough. Someone on here once described driving a Hood with full weather gear on as akin to driving in a tent with a small slit in it and that is exactly how I felt about mine when I had it.

I'll agree with you there Chris. I've just bought a S7 with complete hood, and for some strange reason, I find it totally impossible to get in with the hood on. Perhaps steering wheel need removing befor I attempt to get in. As an alternative, I'm making a surrey as I found this more than OK on my last hood.

Si

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris brown
being new to thos forum and hood ownership, is there a thread on making a surrey top?

thanks

kev

Never seen one Kev but it is an easy thing to make and there are many different ones some use a hood hoop others dont

Guest mower man

Bit naughty but cannot resist it I'm told that the best cat detterent is----------! TIGER POO!!!!!were you would obtain same could be a lengthy task but I'm told it.s the bizz sorry for robbing mower man 8P :crazy: :clapping: :search: :rofl:

Guest Bob Rowell

Can't see anything wrong with driving the 2b with the hood on, and getting in is easy. Mind you I'm a short**se, and I used to drive amoured cars and tanks.