Bankers Bonus

philshelton

Guest The Modfather

Banks, bankers and bank charges stink! My wife has two accounts. One joint with me, and another with Nat West. The Nat West one is solely there so that her ex (who just so happens to be a banker (substitute b with a W)) pays her maintenance for their son. She had gone £1.37 overdrawn on this account, for 4 hours, and was charged £50 for the privilege.

Wbanker earns in the region of 75k a year plus quarterly bonuses of around 10k, and when they divorced, he lied on the court documents about his salary and savings, and although their son moved out with his mum, he wasn't bovered that she still had to get a mortgage for a decent house in a half decent area, just so that her son could be at the same school and keep his friends. He doesn't buy his son anything, unless it's from Ebay or from car boot sales. He's a fat, arrogant, greedy so and so, and only ever thinks about how much money he's got.

I know one thing, he can have as much money as he wants. We have a better happier life than he'll ever have, and money doesn't get you happiness.

Sorry for going off on one there, er, where were we, oh yes, bank charges.......... There is no reason why the charges are so high, except to line the pockets of the bosses. £1.37 does not warrant a £50 charge. It does however go some way towards their christmas do!

I agree that the recent ruling was swayed by the fact that the government bailed them out, but unfortunately it is the likes of you and me who are now actually paying twice, through taxes. Greedy thieves will always be greedy thieves. When I retire, in 15 years, i'm leaving this god forsaken country, and all it's government spin and lies. Hopefully the last person leaving will leave the light on just to have the last laugh :D :D :D

Although there are instances that i feel sorry for some bank customers... the majority i think "you made your bed, now lie in it", my wife works for a safe bank (not bailed out by us) she works on the excess's dept hell of a lot, she assess's customers accounts that have gone overdrawn and has to make the decision wether they get charged or not, with her bank it is not totally handed to a computer to decide when and where, it is sent to branch level. The verbal abuse my wife has had to put up with is obscene, the people she finds that do the most shouting are the people who consistantly go overdrawn or use the "well i wrote a cheque but you cleared it before my wages went in" but when the wifey tries to explain the fact that it is illegal to write a cheque in the knowledge that there are no funds available at the time of signing she just gets more abuse.

I get to see the states my wife comes home in after dealing with these people and trust me its not good, it got a hell of a lot worse when the placard carrying overdrawers forced it to the courts.

As far as the natwest goes... some years ago i went overdrawn due to an agents cheque bouncing, because of the amount of direct debits i had coming out of my account i got £300 worth of charges, i didn't scream and shout or go running to the courts to blame the bank i went down to my branch, explained the situation, they popped a temporary authorized overdraft on, paid the direct debits by chaps payment, i got my money off my agent the next day in reddies, popped it in the bank, removed overdraft and cancelled all charges.. they didn't even charge me for the chaps transfers. As mentioned above, most bank employee's are paid very little so go in firing on all cylinders and that near on minimun wage member of staff ain't going to do you no favors.

Guest The Modfather

I agree Mark. The counter staff (like me in my job) are the first people to bear the brunt of other people's anger and rage. Funnily enough, my ex-wife was counter staff and was on minimum wage, so I know what that's like. It does make a lot of people's blood boil when they hear bank bosses asking if they'll get their bonuses, even though their bank has taken a government handout.

Guest erichetherington

Declaring "we want our money back," President Obama wants to slap a tax on banks to recoup the money that the American public spent on bailing out large financial institutions on the brink of collapse.

I want this guy over here!

Guest salty_monk

Lets see if it actually happens... Obama is full of big ideas but not that many have been actioned yet! :D

No difference noticed here in California since Bush left...