Cobra Immobiliser Fault

Grim

Does anyone here have any experience with cobra immobilisers? Model number is 0802T i think.

I've got one that is not activating - the red led stays on, but the touch key does not switch it off. Fortunately it has failed 'inactive' so i can still drive the car around, unless it fails further!

Andy

Does anyone here have any experience with cobra immobilisers? Model number is 0802T i think.

I've got one that is not activating - the red led stays on, but the touch key does not switch it off. Fortunately it has failed 'inactive' so i can still drive the car around, unless it fails further!

Andy

Hi

I have a cobra 8510, according to the manual for this one a solid light means that it is ready to store electronic keys. If it is in this mode you need to put one originally programed key then the others u have, however if the ignition has been turned on it should go out.

hope this helps bob.....

I've tried the other key and no response.

Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram? The immobilisers seem relatively inexpensive so i may just try and fit a new one, but I'd like to know what I'm going to tackle before i buy it!

I've tried the other key and no response.

Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram? The immobilisers seem relatively inexpensive so i may just try and fit a new one, but I'd like to know what I'm going to tackle before i buy it!

Yes have all that, the hardest thing is finding the circuits to tap into i.e fuel pump. ignition etc. Simple to wire in, takes a few hours to do properly. I will scan the manual and post it up here.

Thanks very much for that, i'll have a look at that tomorrow with a fresh mind.

I figure it shouldn't be too bad as i conveniently relocated it in a rewire this summer, so i have easy access to all of the wires.