Is Your Hood Safe?

Andi

Surely one of my biggest paranoias is that when ever Im out in the hood and I park up, go shopping, sightseeing or whatever,

is to come back and find it nicked or bashed or something.

Maybe its because it has no roof and that it attracts onllookers etc

But has anyone actually had there`s stolen or damaged from the street?

Ok Ive come out of shops to find kids in the seat and had the valve caps nicked but nothing more than that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bimboone

once i parked my marlin in b and q car park only to find two kids sliding down the wings when i told them to piss off the dad said leave them alone there only playing respect for other peoples property has long gone.

Must be lucky on Northampton, parked everywhere, all the major supermarkets on sunny days when popping down to the shop takes half an hour and 20-30 miles :D, in the town centre and at work (school car park), never had any bother or my car touched/messed with only compliments. Don't tar all young people with the same brush because of a minority!

Sean

A friend of a friend who had a Westie went out on a warm summers eve and stopped at a country pub for a few with a mate. When driving back the passenger commented the seat felt damp, yep someone had took a leak in it. Or at least tipped a drink in its hard to tell dif between warm stale beer and the other.

Personally never had a prob leaving the Hood, but try to leave it in line of sight or somewhere busy.

Jez

I have the roof loose fitted with no stays if i walk to far from the parked car.

Doors are going on soon then i will address the problem of the high back seats an the tonneau.

once i parked my marlin in b and q car park only to find two kids sliding down the wings when i told them to piss off the dad said leave them alone there only playing

With a response from the father (and i use the term loosely) i would follow him to his car and tap dance on it

Guest Ian & Carole

Leave ours out and about in Lincoln with no problems to date.

Even last year in Germany and France all you get is admirers and nice comments :D

The only place I hate leaving it is in the car park at work, no real suprise there though :mellow: :ph34r:

I leave mine out and about and have only ever had admirers, photographers and people who could talk the hind leg of a donkey around it. Often find the boy racers having a good look and asking questions at the end of the day they are the next generation of kit car builders (its where i started 22yrs ago) god i feel old saying that!

yes i have a b####d cat that goes into the garage and sits on my seats if i forget to shut the door. If i catch it iam going to give it the fright of its life just to teach it my car it not a place to put its stinky wet cat bum. Thankfully that is my worst problem so far. I always leave it in a well lit place and rarely leave it out to be honest. The biggest problem i encountered was when i parked in a Pay and display and realised someone could just take the sticker off my window as i have no doors or roof. thankfully it was still there when i got back

I mainly hope that people respect it as its obvious that effort has been put into it and its british etc but there is always someone to ruin the party.

I was quite pleased when 2 young kids came and asked me if they could look at my car which was parked about 20ft away, if i hadn't been busy talking with someone else i would have let them sit in it to reward their politeness. They looked a bit rough but really impressed me that they came and asked.

The other thought that goes through my mind is that someone can just take my handbrake off :o

Its funny how we are so protective over our cars, i think i would be happier leaving a brand new ferrari about the place than my 2b :rolleyes:

Guest peter2b2002

when I lived in Buckingham I used to park my 2B in the car park behind Budgens the only problem was the speed bumps so I had to take the long way around the car park to get out , great fun as my exhaust use to set off the Beemers alarms if I blipped the throttle :D

peter2b

Guest Ian & Carole
The biggest problem i encountered was when i parked in a Pay and display and realised someone could just take the sticker off my window as i have no doors or roof. thankfully it was still there when i got back.

I tend to pop the ticket under the wiper and take a quick snap with the 'phone camera.

Just prooves I bought a ticket if needed.

no problems leaving the car around, only had problem driving about. I've been punched in the head, had water poured over me, and litter thrown into the car. some people should *bleep*ing shot.

---EDIT---

I might add, that things happen, like today, where a young lad commented, with a huge grin, that it was an "awesome car" more than make up for the bad side. It's a great pleasure to see people smile

no problems leaving the car around, only had problem driving about. I've been punched in the head, had water poured over me, and litter thrown into the car. some people should *bleep*ing shot.

---EDIT---

I might add, that things happen, like today, where a young lad commented, with a huge grin, that it was an "awesome car" more than make up for the bad side. It's a great pleasure to see people smile

Punched in the head??? WTF? I think red mist time would be top of the agenda, no holds barred.

Guest youngsterS3

I've not had any problems in the New Malden / Kingston area.

A lot of kids like to yell out, a lot of the time saying what a 'Sick' car it is. Apparently, according to my good wife who is a teacher, this is an endearing term!

agent_zed

I was a bit paranoid too that someone would just take the handbrake off and push it around somewhere. I guess this is a problem that production soft tops suffer from too..

I followed some advise I found on this forum and put a padlock through the handbrake.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/youngster200...838668745446258

Chris