Is Your Hood Safe?

Andi

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alan_builder
I have the roof loose fitted with no stays if i walk to far from the parked car.

Doors are going on soon then i will address the problem of the high back seats an the tonneau.

With a response from the father (and i use the term loosely) i would follow him to his car and tap dance on it

A clog dance would be better?

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Never had a problem with mine apart from everyone wanting to go for a spin. However, there is something rather satisfying about seeing a Lady in a short skirt getting in and out :blush:

As far as security goes, I have a secret button on the starter motor wiring and a FIA switch so there's NO way they're getting Georgie started unless they want to rewire her.

took mine to work kwik visit had doors on but no roof as (sunny). came out an a man had lifted his kid up an put him in standing on my seat . told bloke to get kid out ,turned round said hes not doing anything wrong an he won't break anything . so nicely said so you wood have no problems then with me walking in your house and steping all over your sofa then . just looked at me an grabbed his kid an said its not the same havin a laugh

Had a van driver aim a fag butt at me...landed on the passenger seat |& burned a hole int it.

Also Ive recently had 2 30 somethings in tarted BMs try to drive me off the road on 2 separate occasions....this is not a dig at all BM drivers....I am one too...

Otherwise all sweetness & light, get let out at junctions etc.

Bob

Many moons ago when i had Sprites i made up a panel with 2 switches and soldered two metal case elliot relays to the switch contacts, one switch cut the starter circuit and the other connected the horn circuit in so that when the ignition was turned on all was ok until the start circuit was activated then the horn sounded, some scrotts did try to nick it one night but all to no avail as thy just nicked the tax disc and screwed the ign lock but even trying to hot wire it the horn sounded , when i came to it in the early morning i was a bit confused when i could not find the ign lock to put the key into as i was not really awake very off putting when hung over and still in a daze ;)

I took it into a garage once for something to be done only to be phoned at work to ask me how the hell to start it as they had been trying for ages and the horn was driving them mad help was the cry :D Air horns really worked in this case :lol:

Plus i still have that panel with the 2 3way double pole switches.

Guest The Modfather
Had a van driver aim a fag butt at me...landed on the passenger seat |& burned a hole int it.

Also Ive recently had 2 30 somethings in tarted BMs try to drive me off the road on 2 separate occasions....this is not a dig at all BM drivers....I am one too...

Otherwise all sweetness & light, get let out at junctions etc.

Bob

Blooming heck Bob, friendly in Kent then?

No problems as yet, But I don't leave out of view as there are some right scrots near by.

Just got one of these

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165565

Should help a bit

Steve

Just got one today after seeing your post, i,m going to adapt it a little (hoodie style) and put some micro switches in the seats, that should scare any little toads when they sit in the seats :D

Guest youngsterS3

well, I thought my hood was safe.. but you all convinced me that I should alarm it! -- the sparkrite for 20quid.. good spot. another one bought!

(rats another thing on the to do list, spose it does keep me out of trouble!)

I park mine anywhere, multi story, roadside, Tesco etc and have never had a problem. Has an immobiliser that disables the omex ecu. Could still be put on a low loader but will never be driven away. Never had any vandalism problems but it does look as if it's been vandalised already! Biggest problem is the delays that interested petrol heads cause, chattering away for ages as if I have all the time in the world to stand and chat

Nigel