Engine

Guest DROID

Hi, I was out in the garage for the first time last night since early December only to find a pool of water under the car. On closer inspection the block has cracked. Totally my fault, after doing some work lately I never topped up the antifreeze. May be not to bad a problem as I can now fit a 2litre engine.. To this is end it easy enough to change the engine with taking the gearbox out and does anyone know of any decent engines avaiable (pinto).

A good start to 2010 :huh: :huh:

Andy

Hi, I was out in the garage for the first time last night since early December only to find a pool of water under the car. On closer inspection the block has cracked. Totally my fault, after doing some work lately I never topped up the antifreeze. May be not to bad a problem as I can now fit a 2litre engine.. To this is end it easy enough to change the engine with taking the gearbox out and does anyone know of any decent engines avaiable (pinto).

A good start to 2010 :huh: :huh:

Andy

hi i have a 2.0ltr pinto for sale has lots of new parts on it its a good runner only removed as im now using a zetec

i want £200 for it let me know i will send you more details

cheers doddy

Hi.i'm in Dunfermline you can have the engine out without the gearbox in under the hour. done the head gasket on mines a few months ago got a 205 block sitting on my engine stand to go in for the summer.I know a lot of folks on here are going for the zetec but it can get expensive the pinto is simple, easy to tune & you can still get a hold of them if your prepared to travel or pay a courier.

Andy

Cheers, I'm going to try and get it out over the next day or so. Doddy the your offer is appreciated but I'm in Glasgow and the travel might prove to be a problem.

Cheers.......again

Guest trackerjack

Oh dear sorry to hear this news. I had the same when we used to grasstrack a Pug 205 1.9 GTI the replacement engine never went as well as the old one.

I have a 1600 Pinto sat in the garage that works but doubt it has any value, unless you wanted a boat anchor.