Exhaust Too Loud

Guest Top Cat

Guest Top Cat

A recent visit to a javelin track day exposed a decibel reading of 107 at 4500 rpm, I need to get this down a bit does anyone know where I can get a bung or something thanks

Guest peter2b2002

an old trick for the sva noise test was to stuff a couple of stainless scourers up the tail pipe - drops the noise down a lot but knocks the power down as well, some folk have fitted a pre silencer can in front of the RH one, if it is a RH one try re stuff it with wadding

peter2b

Guest mower man

My old favourite is back!!!! there is only one way to do it!!!! FIT A PROPER B----Y SILENCER bung it up may??work to creep through the B----y stupid test but it usualy blows out at the wrong time or certainly cuts perfomance,causes over heating etc and also a poor silencer causes marital strife and deaf ness try 600 miles in a day and you will perhaps see my pointregards mower man :cray: :crazy: :sorry: I apologise for the rant!!!

My rh silencer is a about as much use as chocolate teapot, i,m going to get the longest quietest silencer i can find and weld that in place of the rh one, and if needed a 2nd one before it.

The rh one was fine until i tuned the car then it got very loud very quick!! No chance of passing track day noise levels

The North East Area had a track day at Croft last summer. I bought a new custom made exhaust for my 2.0L £200. Well worth it. We saw a few sorry souls sent home because they failed the db test. Get a proper one made to suit your car by a professional, it will last longer than the RH unit anyway.

Steve

Guest Top Cat

Thanks for your ideas guys, I am unsure about this, is the standard RH silencer re packable? there doesnt seem to be anyway of getting inside mine.

Its a std S7 model

I fitted a second New Stainless Steel Silencer bought of ebay for a quid , bare silencer no pipes fitted so i had to do that myself useing stainless adapter pipes either end , 48mm id output and 54mm id input to fit over the header pipe , after cutting the standard pipe it just slips on , if it has to come off for any reason then i only have to socket on a bare pipe in its place .

Sounds great now and a big plus i can hear again and the headaches have gone yippy .

Pics in my garage.