Barkston Heath 2010

Guest John Walton

Guest old_timbo

Hope it stays dry! Got some decent tyres this year instead of 8 year old Japanese ditchfinders so hopefully will avoid 720 deg spins this time..........maybe I should have got some talent too.

Tim

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

If there is anyone interested we can offer 10 places to enter our Sunday RAFMSA event £50

See me on saturday if interested

Bill

(hopefully this post wont get modified)

Edited by Battery Bill
Breach of agreed RAFMSA regs

errrrr....no.....

Went to France for a long weekend, drove up the ramp onto the ferry & she just died, never to go again.Got towed off the ferry & dumped in the very busy dockside.

Waited for 4 hours "chatting" with Hungarian, Czeck, Bulgarian lorry drivers, pushing the car arouns as the lorries moved off.

Hoping to find the fault tonight, but if not, I will give up the Barkstone place to spend the weekend getting it done ready for LeMans.

I will send JW a PM first thing tomorrow morning.

Yours miserably, BT.

PS this Barkstone jaunt is a jinx for me. Last year it was a duff UJ taking out the rear of my gearbox.

Guest WAXOFF

Not going to be able to make to Barkstone heath, engine blew up this morning. After a strip down i found it had broke a piston.

Maybe the excuse needed to go for zetec. Hope to be there next year.

So the local rolling road man who was looking forward to getting his hands on my engine is unavailable. Sadly his wifes mum died last week and he is predictably involved in supporting his wife and the various arrangments that crop up at times like these, which doesn't include having my car for the day. I was hoping to borrow his suspension set up stuff as well. I know what Bob means. Jinxed. I will just have to missfire my way round as best as. I hope quick fit can at least do the front tracking.

Nigel

(Warning, sob story/get your excuse in early. The car made the 700 round trip to Newark and ran fine apart from sounding like a skirmish with the Taliban on light throttle or overun.)

Guest John Walton

ACCESS FOR THE EVENT ON SATURDAY WILL BE CRASH GATE THREE, NOT THE MAIN GATE.

DETAILS OF THE LOCATION OF CRASH GATE THREE TO FOLLOW FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT USED IT BEFORE.

THOSE THAT HAVE WILL REMEMBER THE NARROW LANE LEADING TO THE BARRIER

Guest John Walton

:yahoo: For those who have not worked out where crash gar Three is............... :help:

Check the instructions that were posted to you, the map included shows crash gate Three clearly :yahoo:

Any of you s yorks guys going to barkstone want to meet at newark macdonalds just off A1/A17 and drive down together from there ?

Hi Dan,

Andy, Rob, Duncan and myself are meeting up on M1/A57 junct at 7:30 and driving across to A1. All being well should be able to meet up along the way. I guess around 8:15-8:30 ish. Lookin forward to a crackin day.....

Guest John Walton

I WILL BE AT wOODLANDS WATERS CAMP SITE, 1 MILE FROM RAF BARKSTON HEATH FROM 19:30 TONIGHT. :drinks:

NO DOUBT CATCHING UP WITH THE BRISTOL MASSIVE, TELLING LIES AND KICK TYRES, THE A NICE CUP OF TEA BEFORE BED :crazy:

SO, ANY LATE DRAMAS :help: CALL ME ON 07769 717180

NO BURGER VAN THIS YEAR SOME BRING GRUB AND DRINK

READ YOR PAPERWORK AND MAKE SURE YOU BRING ALL YOU NEED.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SATURDAY MORNING....................KICK THE TYRE AND LIGHT THE FIRES :D

Guest Tim Norman

Just had a run up to watch the morning session. Some very stylish driving and some nice cars. The 1.8 K series mini was very nice and snapping at the heels of the Warner!

post-13-127816138043_thumb.jpg

post-13-127816144677_thumb.jpg