Another Chance To Prove Yourself

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

John Walton has spent many months trying to find a suitable venus for Club track Days. He has managed to get hold of Barkston Heath airfield for a weekend in September. We will be able to have access to the track from Dawn til dusk with a noise limit of 110 db. On the Sunday for a nominal extra £10 there will be the oppurtunity to sprint against the RAFMSC in a proper event. Watch this space for updates.

Below is an extract of the info sent to us.....

NOISE LEVELS: Our noise limit is higher than most other venues at 110db @ 2/3 max RPM, measured at 45 degrees at a distance of 0.5 metres.

TRACK LENGTH: The length of the track is approx 1.2 km and can be run in both directions. The track width varies from 4 to 5 metres. The track has separate start and finish lines with buildings in between. Consequently, there is a speed restriction from the finish line to the start line. No overtaking is permitted on the track; therefore cars start singly after a reasonable gap has developed from the car in front. This avoids the distraction of a car on your tail and obviates the risk of being involved in an accident due to someone else's error. The track is contained within a high security fence and there are extensive concrete paddock areas adjacent to the track area. There is a good view of the majority of the track from the paddock area. The track is quite technical, challenging and very exciting (much better in terms of both length and "grin-factor" than Curborough for instance). Email me if you want a copy of the "circuit map".

TRACK CONDITION: The smooth track surface is a very fine grain tarmac laid over concrete, and is in very good condition. The track is edged with flush concrete kerbs leading to flat grassed areas on a hard packed earth base. Therefore, should a car leave the track; there are no kerbs to strike and the car will not "dig- in" on the grass. The track has a 'grippy' surface and when it is wet there is only one area of standing water, which soon disperses. All three-dimensional objects (buildings etc) are surrounded with tyre walls.

Thoughts?

:rolleyes: im in tim a big fat YES this sounds very good indeed,should be fun if they run it in both directions(not at the same time i hope :lol: )

ps he says he can e-mail you a copy of the course layout,any chance of posting it on here :D

god all these places ive got to go to this year,keep up the good work tim/everyone

Guest Tim Norman

It will be a proper round of the RAF Motorsport Sprint Championship. Apparently all you need to compete is a helmet and long sleeves. Although driving with nothing else on is probably not advisable.

:D very good tim,count me in,....oh well time to dust off me proban race suite and see if it still fits :p if it dont i guess it will be a oppertunity to lose some weight :D

and if its a helmet required i presume its a crashhelmet to a prescibed standard,denoted by a sticker to that effect on the rear of helmet

Edited by rizla

Guest Battery Bill

Tim

It will be a proper round of the RAF Motorsport Sprint Championship. Apparently all you need to compete is a helmet and long sleeves.

What about a short back and sides and a shave :lol: :lol: