Qick Shift

Guest adahutch

Guest adahutch

I have herd that you can put a quick shift in a type 9 gear box, but i am not sue weather it would be worth it to get one, and where can I get it from.

can any body give me some advice.

I have herd that you an put a quick shift in a type 9 gear box, but i am not sue weather it would be worth it to get one, and where can I get it from.

can any body give me some advice.

Hi,

A quick shift gives off all sorts of fancy idea's eh?? lol.

Quite simply, it's a shorter length gearstick which is supplied with a spherical housing to support the pivot point.

It becomes a 'Quick Shift' simply due to your hand/arm having to travel a shorter distance, hence....... 'Quicker'.

They fit into the box as per original.

Save money and make your own by shortening your exhisting stick and fit a nice knob on the end.

In my opinion, you only get the fancy housing etc to warrant the exorbitant price they sell for.

If you haven't a welder, it would cost peanuts for someone to weld it back together again for you.

HTH,

Nick.

Guest scrabster

hi,i fitted a quick shift to my zero last week with a type 9 box.i bought it before i had the kit so i thought it was time to have a go at it.you have to demolish the lever you have in now thats why i got a spare in first(thanks gaz) it does feel better due to less travel and is working ok,some people say it makes the gear change stiffer but i havent found this the case.the main reason i fitted it was due to the anti-vibration bush was hitting the top tunnel box section when engaging reverse,it doesnt hit it now.hth. kit was £10.

jess.