Aviation Fasteners

Guest gixerboy600

Guest gixerboy600

I am due to take delivefry of my Zero within the next two weeks (possibly this week woohoo) and I am looking for some aviation panel pins so I can trial fit all the aluminium panels to check for any trimming etc prior to actual rivetting and bonding (sounds like a sales team building exercise). Does anybody know where I can get them from?????

I am due to take delivefry of my Zero within the next two weeks (possibly this week woohoo) and I am looking for some aviation panel pins so I can trial fit all the aluminium panels to check for any trimming etc prior to actual rivetting and bonding (sounds like a sales team building exercise). Does anybody know where I can get them from?????

Hi John,

They are what i use, a godsend aren't they. lol. They are called Skin pins.

Here you go mate, try these for size.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-x-1-8-aircraft-sh...=item2a044665db

Regards,

Nick.

Guest mower man

Try Frost they do 2 types I believe google them I found them very helpful and they will deal online HTH mower man :good: :clapping:

Hey up Gixer boy,

Firstly - welcome to this site and welcome to another Zero builder! We are growing in numbers!

Secondly, coming from an aviation background myself, I can guarantee that skin pins are the dogs tads! You can get away with 20 or so for the Zero build but that depends how much skin pinning you want to do before you rivet really. The ones on e-bay are the right ones and the cheapest I have seen too so snap em up quick! If you miss out on them, try Merlin motorsports, tyhey are very helpful and quick but they are a bit steep on price as I recall.

Some people like cleko fasteners as well, not used them myself, but I think that they need a tool to insert and extract them, so that might become a pain in the proverbial over time. Cleko's are available from car builder solutions and probably Europa spares and a few other good bits n bobs sites shop around.

HTH?

Sharky

Guest gixerboy600

Thanks guys,

Just orderd 20 Skin pins from fleabay cost me £10.50 inc p&p 1/8" so 3.2mm!!! I used them before on my Dax Rush and they were superb (just lost them and forget the name for them, getting old)

Tickety boo thanks for the help and see you Sunday morning Nick!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Ok guys sorry to hijack this post, but trying to get some Skin pins and seen all your posts, but what sort of size would be required to use on a Zero.

As on this site they list what i assume are different lengths/depths. Any advice appreciated.

http://www.skinpins.com/fastmotemp.html

Hi Breezy,

The link in my original post above are the ones you want mate.

The yellow colour denotes they're for 1/8th rivets. Red are for 3/16th rivets.

HTH,

Nick.