Round Britain Run For Charity

Guest gdc

As Treasurer, along with Chairman and Membership Secretary I don't see any problem with the Club buying the bear and providing funding for some publicity material, and no, just because the Committee might provide the funding, if asked, we would not feel the need to steal the limelight, if you (Graham), and co manage to organise this and get the bear round the country and maybe Europe in Hoods, or any other kit cars we have in the Club, then you will deserve the praise.

Reading the other replies to this topic there are plenty of good ideas to be thinking about and using to get things going, so I'm not going to go trying to reinvent the wheel, but I really think if it's going to be successful in terms of getting sponsorship, publicity and participation from which ever charity/charities are chosen,it is going to require a lot hard work from you all.

Just to clarify one other point, last year it was suggested to build a car at the shows, this idea was not 'shot down', it was discussed at length in the moderators section and then passed to a member who was going to be the lead in this project, liaising with GBS, organising transportation of the kit, work parties at shows and in between to get some of the major jobs done, however there has been no feedback from this, so I can only assume it has been shelved due to the amount of work involved, or it may still be in the organisation phase.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qwerty_100
can we get back to the topic of a bear in a car for charity now come on guys fill in the areas so we can know who to talk to for what area and any time restraints

Phill put me down for Luton Hoo.

Put me down for London.

Thoughts On bear not to big as will need a passenger to take photos.

so a giant bear would not work sat in passenger seat or going to France and need a lot of feeding think all those marmalade sandwiches

the crumbs everywhere :o

Stephen

agree with Steve, for traveling bear needs to be most 12",

theres a rhood teddy on ebay now, but not sure on size, (theres a friar tuck one too)

http

://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-TEDDY-BEAR-COLLE...item5ad70cfb5c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DISNEY-CLASSICS-ROBI...=item3a57d7a23b

Mitch

message from my friend:

we do have bears dressed as Robin Hood, a small one 14cm tall @ £3.00, a bigger one 22cm @ £5.00. They are quite nice, I only get 10% discount in the shop but am happy to get one for you - just let me know.

if you want to go down this route i'm more than happy to buy the buy for the cause.

paul

Guest zoomzoom

Happy to do my bit.

We can do sights in london etc and also herts and bucks, and can also offer the bear a paid days work on one of my tyre fitting vans and I'm sure he will get lots of tips!

What is planned to do with the bear after its travels, will it be raffled off at one of the shows with a diary of its travels?

Marcus

Guest Ian Marr

I can pick up something in North Yorkshire - workshop shot ;)

Others in the southern NE Area (Teesside, North Yorks) may help as well.

I was actually going to post a thread looking for help for a fellow firefighter who is doing a round Britain flight in his microlight for the Firefighters Charity. It is more about help with venues to stop off and help supply fuel. He is getting some help form the Firefighters Charity, but it is often local knowledge which makes the difference.

I'm waiting for more details (eg dates current venues), but could be an opportunity for some arial shots and linking the tours

This is starting to gain pace and we need to decide on a charity so we can move forward on how to publicise the event, I suggested the air ambulance association www.airambulanceassociation.co.uk

what are everyone's thoughts on this Graham what do you think it was your idea in the first place and i don't want to mussel in

List so far can we pick counties not towns for now guys we can look at towns as we move on thankyou

* Avon

* Bedfordshire................................GDC, qwerty, dandan

* Berkshire

* Borders

* Buckinghamshire.............................gdc if no one else

* Cambridgeshire

* Central

* Cheshire

* Cleveland

* Clwyd

* Cornwall

* County Antrim

* County Armagh

* County Down

* County Fermanagh

* County Londonderry

* County Tyrone

* Cumbria

* Derbyshire....................swan jnr

* Devon.........................exeter show

* Dorset

* Dumfries and Galloway

* Durham

* Dyfed

* East Sussex

* Essex

* Fife

* Gloucestershire

* Grampian

* Greater Manchester

* Gwent

* Gwynedd County

* Hampshire................................. florin metal works

* Herefordshire

* Hertfordshire.............................zoomzoom

* Highlands and Islands

* Humberside

* Isle of Wight

* Kent

* Lancashire.........................................Mitch ( also to Le mans )

* Leicestershire....................................Phil shelton/Andi/andyspence

* Lincolnshire

* Lothian

* London .......................................Stevedohc2b

* Merseyside

* Mid Glamorgan

* Norfolk

* North Yorkshire.....................Ian Marr

* Northamptonshire..................Dave R

* Northumberland

* Nottinghamshire....................Tim Norman

* Oxfordshire

* Powys

* Rutland..................................Phil shelton / derek

* Shropshire.............................Enforcer

* Somerset

* South Glamorgan

* South Yorkshire.......................Mowerman

* Staffordshire...........................Jetskijase (to pass to mitch prior to leman)

* Strathclyde

* Suffolk

* Surrey -............................... Knock-on

* Tayside

* Tyne and Wear

* Warwickshire....................... national kit car show

* West Glamorgan

* West Midlands

* West Sussex

* West Yorkshire.....................Richard0 And leman 24 hour

* Wiltshire.............................. florin metal works

* Worcestershire

Guest mower man

Hi, I would like to propose a route from Yorkshire to Nottinghamshire:

starting Hathersage on through Loxley, through Sheffield to Rotherham, Robin Hood Airport, Bawtry, Blyth, Worksop Market Place, Retford Market Place, Tuxford, GBS Ollerton, Edwinstow, Major Oak, Rufford Park and on to Nottingham Casle to meet our revered president, Tim , if any one would like to join me please get in touch mower man :good: :yahoo: :crazy:

Guest RichardO

For photo opportunities there are a couple of Robin Hood pubs close to me, plus, allegedly, the burial place of the real Robin Hood (Mirfield/Huddersfield). Nothing else famous around here though.

Maybe use me as the Lancashire to/from Yorkshire handover, I'm on the border.

I'm going to the Le Mans 24 hours (not the classic) if the bear fancies 2 trips to the continent.

Rich...

Guest qwerty_100
For photo opportunities there are a couple of Robin Hood pubs close to me, plus, allegedly, the burial place of the real Robin Hood (Mirfield/Huddersfield). Nothing else famous around here though.

Maybe use me as the Lancashire to/from Yorkshire handover, I'm on the border.

I'm going to the Le Mans 24 hours (not the classic) if the bear fancies 2 trips to the continent.

Rich...

Top notch mower man just the type of proposal we need. I see that the bear is being looked into, as far as the charaties are concerned and this is just an idea how about all the money that is raised goes to the treasurer and is then divided up into eaqual amounts and could be distributed to each area sec who can talk to the members in his area to decide what to do with the money on a local basis again this is only a suggestion. Kev