Judder Moving Off And Reverse

Guest mac39

Can you describe what you mean by judder?? is it more a noise than a case of feeling it?? or vice versa?? Trying pulling off with the handbrake on just a couple of clicks, this will preload your diff to eliminate if the crown wheel and pinnion have back lash.

Nick.

Hi, shaft the judder is a loud banging and a shuder that feels like the back of the car is hoping up and down have tryed handbrake on slightly no difference thanks mac.

Hi, shaft the judder is a loud banging and a shuder that feels like the back of the car is hoping up and down have tryed handbrake on slightly no difference thanks mac.

Hi Mac,

in my honest opinion, a shudder can only really be caused by a rotational vibration?? but at such slow speeds and you say it feels like the car is hopping up & down i'd say you have a problem with a CV joint not wanting to play until it's forced into submission, hence the bang and shudder. The only rotational part capable of affecting the vertical movement at the rear is the CV's. Prop and diff couldn't do this as they have no way of mechanically affecting the suspension.

Hope i'm somewhere in the ball park for you mate, i know how hard it sometimes is to find annoying little problems.

Good luck,

Nick.

Guest chris brown
are we sure this is not just a burnt or damaged clutch plate ?

That would be my guess too, not always easy to see, in fact I have changed clutches where we have not found a problem but there obviously was one as judder cleared in each case.

Guest mower man

Clutch centre plate breaking up or distorted or contaminated by a slight oil leak from rear main seal or front g/box seal these would be the area's to look for me HTH mower man :unsure: ;) :good: