Rbs

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

I just watched the news and hear with total disbelief that the RBS staff will still recieve bonuses, even though they have made £3.6b in losses! They appear to have tried to smooth things over by saying only those earning upto 39k will get monetry bonuses, but fail to say that anyone earning over 39k will get shares and other non cash benefits! I thought this bank was owned by the UK public?

How on earth can they justify bonuses after making such loses? They should be putting the money BACK into the pot to pay the debt. Something stinks, and it's not my current flactuance :o

Only in the UK could this outrage be allowed. I have 14 yrs left before retirement, and providing my health sees me to that date, I will be leaving the UK, providing that is we are not made to stay!

Like any big company it is made up of alot of smaller companies

I do some work for RBS as an IT consultant

a few of the better known brands I have worked on are

Nat West

Churchill

Direct Line

Coutts

Green Flag

Citizens

ABN Ambro

Lombard

Tesco Finance

WorldPay

( + about 9 mortgage brands from memory )

etc etc etc

It is only the few that get rewarded and most of my fellow contractors have already been replaced by Indian centres in the last few months - it is really not a rosy looking future up here - so if a few investment bankers make RBS large amounts of profit to edge RBS nearer to profit and get a bonus then I am not too unhappy if it results in me keeping in employment.

I think RBS is the biggest employer in Scotland and the economy here would go down the tubes ( even more than now ) without it.

Yes I do think the scale of the rewards is all wrong - but look at football......

Ho Hum

Guest The Modfather

I would never wish anyone to lose their jobs, houses etc due to the downturn in the economics of this country, but my point was how can a company, any company for that fact, be bailed out by the public due to previous loses, then show yet even more loses, and in the same breath states that they are still giving out over £1b in bonuses. Would it not be better for them to use that £1b to pay off their debts?

Football is another story :D

Guest gixerboy600
I just watched the news and hear with total disbelief that the RBS staff will still recieve bonuses, even though they have made £3.6b in losses! They appear to have tried to smooth things over by saying only those earning upto 39k will get monetry bonuses, but fail to say that anyone earning over 39k will get shares and other non cash benefits! I thought this bank was owned by the UK public?

How on earth can they justify bonuses after making such loses? They should be putting the money BACK into the pot to pay the debt. Something stinks, and it's not my current flactuance :o

Only in the UK could this outrage be allowed. I have 14 yrs left before retirement, and providing my health sees me to that date, I will be leaving the UK, providing that is we are not made to stay!

For fear of reprival!!!!!!!

This is quite simple, we live in a culture of payouts and unfortunatley follow the yanks, even more sadly we are not man enough as a nation to defend what is what right or wrong and simply accept the swill our so called Govenrment spouts!!!!!!

We accept without real question the bank bail out

We accept without real question the expenses fiasco

We accept BNP rising to the fore

We accept integration of foreign nationals (anyone live near Leicester / Birmingham / Luton / Bradford) and the breakdown of our own culture

We accept that our national identity is degrading

QUITE SIMPLY WE ACCEPT INSTEAD OF DEFENDING!!!!!!

Rant over, sorry but I would leave this abhorent island if I could

Cheers

John

Guest gixerboy600
I would never wish anyone to lose their jobs, houses etc due to the downturn in the economics of this country, but my point was how can a company, any company for that fact, be bailed out by the public due to previous loses, then show yet even more loses, and in the same breath states that they are still giving out over £1b in bonuses. Would it not be better for them to use that £1b to pay off their debts?

Football is another story :D

Oh and don't get me sarted on footballers

wrong shaped ball completely

Guest gixerboy600
I have always considered myself as NOT being racist and lived my life in this way. I hated to see people discriminated against and, being Irish, this hatred extended to the English when they discriminated against my fellow countrymen. Thank goodness this discrimination has diminished but not disappeared, after all there are 1+million people in Ireland that have dual nationality. Therefore, when I say that I am Irish, I am also British and have no animosity towards British people.

Years ago when I seen the BNP and their regime I disliked what I seen. Of late, this rejection of BNP has almost gone, and I now see that some of the things they were shouting about years ago were right. They forecast the influx of foreigners coming to Britain and taking jobs from countrymen. They forecast areas of Britain being over-run and turned into ghettos where white British would not be welcome.

I agree with the majority of what you say John, but I do not know if 'Accept' is the right word for it. There is an advert on TV at present using a non-white comedian; he asserts that there is a name for people who do not haggle and that is 'British'. This describes British people perfectly; they do not question why they should resign themselves to anything alien.

To go back to the topic, IMHO there is no one at RBS that deserves any bonuses until the company makes enough to pay the harebrained government what the loaned. Then and when the RBS has made profits they can think about paying bonuses. I cannot understand how the managers in the RBS kept their jobs. I know that in the majority of companies anyone who looses the sums that they lost would be out of a job.

That is my rant over.

Tom

Woah there Tom!!!

Perhaps I should clarify, I do not "accept" BNP or your comment on the well known advert, or indeed the actions in Northern Ireland!!!!!!!!! My Uncle was based there and my Father nearly was there!! that said the sectional violence was nd is inexcusable!!!!

Where we are now?????

Well we are all too ready to accept without first considering the implications, I have a four year old daughter who is taught at every oppotuntiny other lifestyles and beliefs but rarely do I see evidence of our own society portrayed!!! Perhaps it is time we considered the implications of allowing a multi faith society the freedom it has to continue bearing in mind the threat it also proposes???????????????

I am merely a tax payer, therefore a nobody!!!

Consider this though, I m a tax payer who is inconsiderate enough to have a disabled daughter aged 6 and in 6 years she has had nothing that I have not fought tooth and nail for even her life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This counttry cannot even look after it's own competently let alone immigrants!!

I dare not say more

Guest Alan_builder

It's only the mint which make money.

All banking does is simply take money from us, they exploit the public, they overcharge for their services, loose our money.

Guest The Modfather
I have a four year old daughter who is taught at every oppotuntiny other lifestyles and beliefs but rarely do I see evidence of our own society portrayed!!! Perhaps it is time we considered the implications of allowing a multi faith society the freedom it has to continue bearing in mind the threat it also proposes???????????????

This is a very valid point. My stepson is in his last year of school, and it was where my wife used to work, so I heard what went on from both sides, and how things affect the kids, from both points of view. We were chatting over dinner one night when we were talking about Mary Magdalen. Don't ask how we got onto the conversation, but suffice to say it didn't get much further. "Mary who?" replies the boy. "Mary Magdalen, wasn't it she who was Joseph's wife, or was she the alleged lady of ill repute?", "No idea, we don't learn Christianity". I won't say what he had been learning instead, but he knew more about other religions than his own. Now, it may be wrong of me to think that this is Britain going bonkers, and that the school curriculum should have this diversity in learning, but the boy doesn't know his own religion! I am an Atheist, and have been since I knew what one was, so for me I'm not bothered, but he stated that he wants to learn about his religion and not someone elses. Yes we could take him to a church, but his RE lesson is where he has time to learn properly, by a trained teacher, and in a proper environment, rather than me dragging him out of bed on Sunday morning, where he won't want to be.

I wonder if this happens in other countries, where they learn other religions instead of their own........................ ;)

Guest mower man

This may upset some people so if it does I am sorry , Politics, Religion ,Racism ,Nationalism in my opinion have NO place on this web site Ihave dislikes just as every one else does but I air them else were come on people this is asports car based site lets keep it that way please regards mower man