What Do I Need?

MarkBzero

Hi,

I have finished stripping the sierra and started to clean, service and paint everything. Before I actually order the RH Zero what else should I be thinking of buying in advance (i.e. nuts, bolts, tools etc). Misses doesn't know about the kit car fund but I want to be as ready as possible and spend a little per month until the kit arrives.

Thank you

Mark

Guest big kev
Hi,

I have finished stripping the sierra and started to clean, service and paint everything. Before I actually order the RH Zero what else should I be thinking of buying in advance (i.e. nuts, bolts, tools etc). Misses doesn't know about the kit car fund but I want to be as ready as possible and spend a little per month until the kit arrives.

Thank you

Mark

hi mark

Your a stage in front of me I'm just getting my

donner this weekend

I'm in line for a zero too

I'm only down the rabbit run in Dudley

good luck keep me updated

Cheers

Guest scrabster

hi mark,if you have the plus kit you should have the main bolt package for the suspension,steering etc, what engine choice did you make? i have the pinto if you need any pointers,good luck with the build. :good:

jess.

Jess,

Made a mistake on the engine chioce - ebay sierra good runner advertised as 1.6 pinto won the bidding war (sierra's are getting thin on the ground) the seller drove it to my brother-in-laws house. He's 150 miles away and siad it sounded OK, no smoke a bit of documented history so I was happy. Got the car transported to Telford drove it off the transporter and around the estate agian I was happy. Pulled into the driveway to have a good look under the bonnet C**P it had a 1.6 crossflow fitted I checked the history its a 1984/5 Ford sierra import from South Africa. Ford South Africa fitted xflow until the end of 1985. Don't get me wrong I like xflow and they have a lot of potential. Therefore I am going to stick with it and plan for a winter upgrade in a few years. Bottom line don't buy a car of ebay without seeing it yourself!

Mark

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Hi, before I picked up the kit I did all the refurb work on the engine, gearbox, diff etc as there was a lot more space in the garage. I stocked up on stainless steel bolts and washers etc from www.Toolstation.com also bought a cheap compresser and a good quality racing trolley jack (from Costco). It is worth keeping a good eye on ebay for Ford bits, I sourced all my components for the engine build from there at good prices. Also keep an eye out if you have an Aldi store close to you, they sell some cheap tools and strange stuff like compressers, air tools, digtal calipers etc. Good luck. Spencer

Guest Alan_builder

There are a number of items which you might like to replace.

Oil seals on gear box, both ends, 3 oil seals on diff.

The items which wear out, friction material, disc pads / shoes, clutch + cover, discs + drums, calipers + slave units .

Polo heater to cut down.

Mini wiper rack

some bits you won't think of prior to getting on with the build and others on the look of the donor parts.

I :wub: my :rhsc: