Type 9 Clutch Cable With Slightly Longer Plastic Sheath

peter_m7uk

Hi,

I tried out my original Sierra clutch cable in the Lightweight, but to get it safely past the exhaust manifold, I really need one with a slightly longer plastic sheath. In the pic below, the distance between the 2 red lines is 882mm - The 2 lines mark the stops which locate the cable in the Type 9 box and in the pedal box. Ideally, I'd like this distance to be about 50mm longer (932mm). The Type 9 must have gone in a LOT of Ford models over the years, so is there anyone out there with an amazing knowledge of clutch cables, who could recommend one which is a bit longer than the Sierra one, please?!

Cheers,

Pete :D

PS The actual cable is 1202mm long, if that helps.

post-1247-1267306584_thumb.jpg

hi pete

i have used the capri clutch cable as it gives an ammount of adjustment and a decent end for the clutch peddle

Thanks Graham. I was thinking of going into my local motor factors and getting them to root through all their cables, but probably best to have some idea! :good:

Pete

I have just checked my 3 spare cables and the middle one i have is 990mm as per your marks with numbers 6478338 & 723999 on a label but possibly a QCC 1232, no ideal what car it was intended for now, my short one is the same as yours at 882mm and the long one 1150mm Sierra Cosworth 2WD QCC1585 HTH

Mike

Guest Alan_builder

Hi Peter,

I presume you are trying to avoid the heat damaging the cable?

A solution I have seen and use is a heat resistant silver sleve.

My cable passes between no 2 & 3 cylinder.

Also my exhaust system is wrapped.

Of course the cable is tied to avoid directly touching the exhaust.

I :wub: my :rhsc: