Quality Of Postings

Guest Alan_builder

Guest Alan_builder

Hi all

Read this article in TKC about Saturn Sports Cars.

I will recite about half a paragraph for you to ruminate and cogitate over.

"-and during his build he joined the excellent online web resources and forum dedicated to the book and car (www.haynes.co.uk/forum) and its funny, but it's not often I'd ever describe any forum in positive tones, but the Haynes - and associated Locost one - actually seems to be devoid of the idiotic, mindless 14-year old McLaren F1-owning "know-it-all-know-nothing keyboard heroes that plague the majority of other forums.

Rant over. -".

Well I did believe my eyes.

Should we keep the CONSTRUCTION forum free of those who give us this bad reputation or don't we have one?

I :wub: my :rhsc:

I wouldn't put much by it anyway as I went to the link www.haynes.co.uk/forum and it doesn't work LOL

Would help if he got the link right first :D

Anyway Alan. What do you know about building cars. It's not like you and Tim spent a couple of hours at my place and gave me a comprehensive list of just about everything I needed to do to finish my build and pass a SVA first time. ;)

Guest cheesewr
I wouldn't put much by it anyway as I went to the link www.haynes.co.uk/forum and it doesn't work LOL

Would help if he got the link right first :D

Anyway Alan. What do you know about building cars. It's not like you and Tim spent a couple of hours at my place and gave me a comprehensive list of just about everything I needed to do to finish my build and pass a SVA first time. ;)

A friend of mine got well into the Pistonheads forums a few years ago. Being of a scientific mind, he just couldn't let it go when people spouted nonsense and made it his mission to correct them. I remember one thread about torque that went on for weeks with him trying over and over again to explain the concept to a number of highly confident but ultimately clueless posters.

In absolute contrast, as a new member I've been hugely impressed with the general helpful tone and honest expertise here.

I personally have learnt alot from this forum, most people keep it simple and explain even if its been mentioned before. Other forums I've been on just scream "search" at you and then go totally off topic slagging of the 'newbies' that blight their existance.

Not everybody knows the correct terms so half the time search for the wrong thing.....rant over....relax.

I Think some other forums i have been on tend to just won,t to put people down. And forget, even if you have not built your own car we all wont the same thing. pride of ownership and total joy of the driving :D