Robin Hood Apprentice Project

Guest Botbuilder

Guest Botbuilder

:unknw: I have just bought a part built Robin Hood as a project for my apprentices. I paid £900 it came with a 1.8 Pinto Engine in an unknown state. I have no idea what model it is but there is some paperwork mentioning a series 3 Traditional. It has a monocoque stainless steel body. The build manual is pathetic it basically says "Build it". It seems to me some of the backend bodypanels have been incorrectly fitted and will have to be taken off and refitted. There are a bunch of small panels that need to be fitted and as yet I have no idea where they go.

If anyone has a build blog or any info whatsoever (some pictures would be really nice), any information you can give will be much appreciated. I have never seen the kids so fired up about a project.

I have other pictures if this one is not good enough for identification.

post-4117-1267464164_thumb.jpg

Guest Botbuilder

After no end of searching it looks like it's a RH series 3, but I can't find any decent pictures of this model anyone with a series 3 fancy taking some pictures for me. I believe the 3a has outboard coilovers and the 3 has inboard coilovers, is that right??

post-4117-1267475745_thumb.jpg

Guest pmeads

Hi again

Check out the style of the top wishbone on the series 2, it is different to the series 3 / 3A.

Someone on here will have the defininite answer on what model you have and can most likely tell you what colour socks the guy who welded it up was wearing. :D :D

Again HTH

Paul

This is a Series 3:

post-347-1267477031_thumb.jpg

I have a scanned in copy of the Traditional / Series 3 Sales Brochure which gives some info about the Traditional using wishbones and the sierra front subframe. If you would like a copy pm your e-mail address.

Guest erichetherington

Difficult to tell what it is from the pictures you've posted, do you have one straight on from the front? That's normally the easiest way to tell.

Guest Jonny Norn Iron

It looks like mine - a model known as the traditional which i think is basically an s2? NW site i think has best model identifier. Does it have nerf panels for rear suspension coverage?

Guest robinj66

Definitely not a Series 3, it's an S7 (monocoque) - Sierra based.

Looks the same as mine (which I assumed to be a Series 1 S7)

Edit - just had a look on the NW site and it does look like a Mk 2

PS A nerf panel ids the cone-shaped cover that went over the rear subframe fittings where they protruded out of the side of the bodywork (just in front of the rear wheel arches)

Guest Botbuilder
Definitely not a Series 3, it's an S7 (monocoque) - Sierra based.

Looks the same as mine (which I assumed to be a Series 1 S7)

Edit - just had a look on the NW site and it does look like a Mk 2

PS A nerf panel ids the cone-shaped cover that went over the rear subframe fittings where they protruded out of the side of the bodywork (just in front of the rear wheel arches)

I've got a load of panels but none of them look like nerfs or Smurfs ;)

I looked at the NW site but couldn't really decide whether it was a series 2, series 3 or an s7, but on reflection it's probably a S2 and I'm getting senile.

Thanks

Alan

Guest Jonny Norn Iron

i think it could well be the ss version of the traditional produced 98/9 and i'm fairly sure it was basically an s2 but re-introduced as a budget level item during the days of the s3. its near the bottom of the nw list of models.

the test on the nerf panel requirement is whether the rear sierra assembly sits slightly outside the line of the bodywork.

i have a beaten up manual in the garage somewhere :rolleyes:

Guest Botbuilder
i think it could well be the ss version of the traditional produced 98/9 and i'm fairly sure it was basically an s2 but re-introduced as a budget level item during the days of the s3. its near the bottom of the nw list of models.

the test on the nerf panel requirement is whether the rear sierra assembly sits slightly outside the line of the bodywork.

i have a beaten up manual in the garage somewhere :rolleyes:

Even a beaten up copy would be better than what I have (Nowt). Any chance of a copy??

Regards

Alan :blink: