Assistance

Guest stevelewis16

Guest stevelewis16

Hi all,

I have just purchased a 2B Plus, excellent and love it.

The only problem I have found is with 2 adults in it, it grounds on bumps in the road.

Please can anyone advise me how I could raise the ride height a couple of inches. (the tyre pressures etc are correct, it only has 13" wheels so wondered if changing to 14" would help or anything else)

Please be gentle with me as I am new to this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Steve

Hi, if you use something like this http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html you can see what difference canging tyre size will make.

The 2b (if using the standard sierra rear springs/shocks) used part of the front mcpherson strut as the top of the rear suspension, it was just slipped into the tube and bolted in place if you move that up or down it will change the rideheight.

hth

Guest stevelewis16

Thanks,

I have just had a quick look, to raise the rear is it where the bolt goes throught the strut? If so is it a case of losening it pushing down and tightening it or is it remove it and re drill and replace?

Steve

Steve,

Being a little on the lardy side I found it very easy to bottom out my S7 when 2 up, looked at raising the ride height, changing shocks etc but thought I'd try the easy option first and fitted two rubber spring assistors.

Haven't hit the bottom since, give it a go its worth a try for around £20.

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Guest stevelewis16
Steve,

Being a little on the lardy side I found it very easy to bottom out my S7 when 2 up, looked at raising the ride height, changing shocks etc but thought I'd try the easy option first and fitted two rubber spring assistors.

Haven't hit the bottom since, give it a go its worth a try for around £20.

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Tom

Thanks is that 2 on each side or 1 on each? Thanks again and will try the easy

first !

Steve

Guest boggybogstar

Steve

Welcome to the site, just realised that your very local to me, have you joined the Souther Kit Car site yet?, only were going on a bit of run out towards Littlehampton on Saturday if you want to join in the fun.

Guest stevelewis16
Steve

Welcome to the site, just realised that your very local to me, have you joined the Souther Kit Car site yet?, only were going on a bit of run out towards Littlehampton on Saturday if you want to join in the fun.

Hi Tony,

I would love to chat with you over the car, I dont think I will make it on Saturday as I work for the Fire Service and Im on call this weekend.

Can you call me (I will happily call you straight back)

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

i'd edit your post and remove your number. If you want to give it out send a Personal message(PM) through the site. You never know who is likely to give you a call otherwise, not that i don't trust the people on here but this is an open forum and anyone could pick up your number ;)

Guest stevelewis16
Hi,

i'd edit your post and remove your number. If you want to give it out send a Personal message(PM) through the site. You never know who is likely to give you a call otherwise, not that i don't trust the people on here but this is an open forum and anyone could pick up your number ;)

Thank you

Steve

Tom

Thanks is that 2 on each side or 1 on each? Thanks again and will try the easy

first !

Steve

One on each side, got them from Halfauds, strangely they were much cheaper than anywhere else, arounf £10 each I think

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Guest stevelewis16

:D

One on each side, got them from Halfauds, strangely they were much cheaper than anywhere else, arounf £10 each I think

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Tony

Thank you again, just measured and ordered some from Towsure as local Halfords are useless and claim not to have them even though they show on there reserve service in-store!!!

Steve

Guest stevelewis16
:D

Tony

Thank you again, just measured and ordered some from Towsure as local Halfords are useless and claim not to have them even though they show on there reserve service in-store!!!

Steve

It worked 2 fat blokes have just roadtested it and it no longer grounds, still not convinced I want to go over speed bumps!!!

Thank you for all you help

Steve