Sierra Fuel Tank Ok In A Sub K?

Guest gingergaz

Guest gingergaz

Hello to all, this is my first post here.

I have fairly recently obtained a nearly finished Sub K, which needs the seats, belts, windscreen and roll bars adding before I put it in for an IVA.

I have a query about the fuel tank though - it is currently fitted with the original sierra tank as recommended in the build video, but it looks pretty ugly, with a bit of it poking through the bulkhead behind the seats - Do you think it will need to be changed to pass, or could it go through?

I'll probably change it sometime anyway, but I'm more interested in getting a pass before anything else.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting some hoodies in future (so long as i finish the build - it's already had 3 owners i think!!).

Gareth.

Guest Noddy006

Hi Gareth. Welcome.

Not sure wether the Sierra tank will pass now but you should be able to get an Ali or stainless that will fit. I have a stainless tank that I fitted under the rear chassis legs. If any help I will try and measure the tank for you. As most will advise don't bother with screen until after IVA as you have to do wupers, demist etc as well if done before. Make sure seats comply with IVA requirements. Also advise - join the club - you won't regret the help that is available is terrific and quite often there is someone not too far away who will be glad to visit/help. Their a great bunch on here. Where are you by the way - may be someone that can help not far away. HTH. Ian H

Guest gingergaz

Thanks for the comments.

I have heard a few times to leave the screen until after the IVA, I think I'll be doing that, and probably just stick it in for the test with the current tank - worry about putting a nice shiny one in afterwards if it makes it through.

Can you get away with no roll bars for the IVA do you reckon? Haven't seen any mention of them in the IVA paperwork except for in relation to seat belt anchor points being fixed to them (mine aren't anyway).

I'll definitely be joining the club, looks like a helpful bunch of folk!

(I'm in Manchester)

Thanks again,

Gareth.