What The **** Have I Done?

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

I've only just gone a bought ............................

A CARAVAN :o :o :o :o

Don't worry, I still have all of my other toys! :rolleyes: It's a family thing, apparently. I was told that if I didn't do more with the family, she would leave me. I couldn't face doing all that housework and cooking thing, so went and bought a shed on wheels.

OK I'M SORRY :cray: :cray: :cray:

I feel your shame. We did the same last year. Although I'm known to only tow our 19 year old shed on wheels in our 6 year old Mondeo in disguise, over time I've learnt to accept it!

In all seriousness I felt the same but we've had a lot of fun over the last year. We paid under £2k for ours all in with awning, everything needed and had 4 weeks plus 6 weekends away in it last year so it owes us nothing. I now don't care what anyone thinks as it suits us with young kids.

Just make sure you keep it serviced, make sure the tyres are under 5 years old and watch out for the dreaded damp, we've had a bit this year which I still haven't got round to repairing.

Enjoy!

Guest djs dad

you will love it. some of the best family hols we have had were in the caravan, only sold it last year coz im too busy to get away in it.

got a nice 925cm isabella full awning going on ebay next week :)

Guest craig030774

i went the folding camper route. same height as car so dont go quite as slow as vans B) . and i can store it easily at home without blocking any light out.

Guest Ian & Carole
Are you going to Stoneleiegh, if so, has anyone got a gibbet they can bring?

Yep I'll pop it in the caravan and bring it with us :D :D :rolleyes:

Guest peter2b2002

I lived in a 28" van for 6 months after we sold our house while looking for a new home, great time central heating ,shower, full size double bed , 4 burner stove with grill and oven, fridge and telly +full length awning that I could park my 2b in

peter2b

Guest The Modfather

To those that mock me................................................. you have good reason :D

To those that support me..............................................thanks, I need it :D

We actually cannot wait to go away in it. The problem we have is that we have 3 dogs, and most kennels are between £15 and £20 per night per dog. So for 7 day holiday we could be spending £420 just on boarding fees. Also, as I work shifts, most of my time off is mid week. The wife has her own business so can do as she pleases. If we just want say, 4 days away, we don't have to pay for a full week in a static (if they allow dogs) but only use it for 4, and waste money there. Plus, we don't always want beach holidays. In fact we will probably do more inland breaks in forest type locations for the dogs.

So, it seems that we are better suited to this type of holiday.

It will have a RHOCaR sticker on the back, so if you see it, give us a wave :good:

Guest shane-wilkins

welcome fellow caravaner,been caravaning for 10 years or so,wouldnt change it for anything.why not use both toys and do a break with one of the shows near where you camp?what ever you do dont let the misses tow let her follow in your hood she cant get in trouble doing 60 mph.happy caravaning

I have done most race circuits with my old convertible Beemer and a trailer tent where everyone else used Tents. People used to assume it would take ages to set it up but literally, you whip the cover off and open the 2 sides and inside you go. All that's left was pegging down. Used to make me laugh when my mates were getting soaked putting up their tents and I was sipping a nice glass of Red :D

Will get round to putting a detachable Tow bar on Georgie one of these days.

Guest Ian & Carole

We enjoy caravaning and is great with the "mad dog"

Carole no longer enjoys camping so trailer tent became the order of the day so we could still take the Hood to the shows.

detling09005.jpg

detling09002.jpg

Hood tows it a dream and like Larry says its up in no time at all.

The other issue is when it is really cold you are off the ground and warmer.

Still prefare the caravan though.

I lived in a 28" van for 6 months after we sold our house while looking for a new home, great time central heating ,shower, full size double bed , 4 burner stove with grill and oven, fridge and telly +full length awning that I could park my 2b in

peter2b

not very big rooms then if it was only 28 inch total bet you couldn't stretch your legs hahahahaha.

Think mine is a bit more chunky than yours Ian. The one you have looks modern and compact where's mine hasn't got a straight line to it, and I'm not saying it's old, but I had to lead wildlife out of it two by two when I purchased it.

Still, it sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms plus Kitchen and storage.