Ebay Salvage Zero

speedtripledan

Guest scrabster

is it me or does anyone else think its a tad expensive?your looking at least a base kit maybe a plus kit depending whats damaged that you cant see from the pics.i would think about £3k is more realistic price,its already dropped £500 in a week or so. :o

jess.

Guest dinger

If i remember rightly this car was built using every single new part available, it should have 2.5k's woth of throttle bodies and management on there, another 1k for the engine and ancilaries,

it soon starts building up so i can see why the insurance comapny paid out that kind of amout, OK, it may of been stretched a little by the time the salvage yard put it on ebay, but if the guy had reciepts for 14k thats what the ins company would pay out,

As for the selling price,, its a close one as there are alot of good parts on it, probabally going to cost you another 2.5k to put right, then either IVA it or if the car is a cat C write off ( I'd say its spares only) get it checked and back on the road.

8K is alot for a cat C write off even when finished but is 8K alot of maney for a built Zero with all new parts?

Tough call me thinks

If i remember rightly this car was built using every single new part available, it should have 2.5k's woth of throttle bodies and management on there, another 1k for the engine and ancilaries,

it soon starts building up so i can see why the insurance comapny paid out that kind of amout, OK, it may of been stretched a little by the time the salvage yard put it on ebay, but if the guy had reciepts for 14k thats what the ins company would pay out,

As for the selling price,, its a close one as there are alot of good parts on it, probabally going to cost you another 2.5k to put right, then either IVA it or if the car is a cat C write off ( I'd say its spares only) get it checked and back on the road.

8K is alot for a cat C write off even when finished but is 8K alot of maney for a built Zero with all new parts?

Tough call me thinks

I agree Dave, hence my reply that it would be a good donor for a new build.

Nick.

Guest scrabster

dont forget all these parts although new are now second hand,you wont have any receipts so when its back on the road,would it be aged related from the donor,2009? or would it be a Q plate?does a cat c mean spares only and has to be broken up or can it be re built and iva again.?

jess.

dont forget all these parts although new are now second hand,you wont have any receipts so when its back on the road,would it be aged related from the donor,2009? or would it be a Q plate?does a cat c mean spares only and has to be broken up or can it be re built and iva again.?

jess.

Good point Jess, well thought out mate.

I don't know, but someone will, i'm sure of it.

Cat D is repair and go......

Cat C is repair and VIC check.....

Cat B is parts only to be used (registered breakers only)

Cat A is to be destroyed and disposed, nothing can be re-used.

Nick

Guest carl leonard
it used to belong to mike williams (mac801123) and has been on here before

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...917&hl=spin

Probably worth £1000 for the parts.

I'd then buy a new chassis, panels, and GRP set and away you go!

I can't believe the insurance paid £14K.

Did they mistake the car for a Caterham?????

carl.

Guest mcramsay

that most definatley looks like mike williams car, he used to be on this forum (he might still be?) untill that happend to his kit car. its definatly over priced, mike obviously claimed on the insurance for a good reason, if it was worth fixing it im sure he would have done, and it doesnt look like its going to be a simple case of some new wishbones for sure. i would stay well clear, if it is mikes then its got an emerald ecu, jenvey throttle bodies, scholar engines low line sump and a remote oil filter, plus the brand new zetec which is worth 2000 - 2.5k it might seem like it would be a good complement for some one building one at the moment but definatley not at that price. im sure it could be repaired but no doubt it will be a trip up to GBSC to get the frame jigged, straighened, all the bent bits cut out and rewelded in, plus remaking up mounting brakets for the suspension, new wishbones, new GRP panels, plus all the stainless body work. you would be better buying a new kit and starting from scratch.

Guest mower man

That car sadly is absolutly goosed ,engine ,gearbox, wiring loom ,screen and any undamaged wheels are realy all that is going to be usable even the drivers seat belt is only fit for the skip it's a real shame I believe every thing was hi spec and would have been ajoy to ownmy commiserations to mike? but at least you are in one peice fella regards mowerman

Guest carl leonard
That car sadly is absolutly goosed ,engine ,gearbox, wiring loom ,screen and any undamaged wheels are realy all that is going to be usable even the drivers seat belt is only fit for the skip it's a real shame I believe every thing was hi spec and would have been ajoy to ownmy commiserations to mike? but at least you are in one peice fella regards mowerman

Remember the Emerald ECU is around £600 to buy, so £1000 for the lot would be a good investment!

Carl.

Guest Ian & Carole
Remember the Emerald ECU is around £600 to buy, so £1000 for the lot would be a good investment!

Carl.

Yes but sadly they want best part of 6K for it!!!!!!!