Push Button Start

Guest kj7

Using a std sierra wiring wanting to fit a starter switch, it has a kill switch with 2 conections and a push btton starter with 2 conections.

Going to leave the steering lock in place and wanting to take the wires from the switch to the new switch, anyone know which wires or what on the ignition switch?

cheeers

Being a simpleton with electrics, I just ran the wire to the solenoid via the new starter switch.

To start, I turn the key to START then push the starter button. Its dead unless the key is turned, so that makes sure the push switch is isolated from prying prodding fingers when the car is left on show.

Bob

Using a std sierra wiring wanting to fit a starter switch, it has a kill switch with 2 conections and a push btton starter with 2 conections.

Going to leave the steering lock in place and wanting to take the wires from the switch to the new switch, anyone know which wires or what on the ignition switch?

cheeers

There is a wiring diagram for a push button starter on the Westfield webite. So if you go to:-

westfield-world.com

then select Technical

Electrcal

Durite switches

then open the starter button tab.

Hope this is of help.

Bob

Being a simpleton with electrics, I just ran the wire to the solenoid via the new starter switch.

To start, I turn the key to START then push the starter button. Its dead unless the key is turned, so that makes sure the push switch is isolated from prying prodding fingers when the car is left on show.

Bob

Also it means you can't drive off with the steering lock still on :o

Steve