Stoneleigh

steve in stockport

Come on you lot, it's only two weeks away and not a mention of it yet <_<

Time to start thinking about getting your cars ready and your camping gear packed up.

Last year we had a great turnout, lets see if we can get 150 cars on the club pitch this year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engines just gone back in, a bit more plumbing and fettling.

Hopefully MOT next week, tax and insurance and I'm ready to go :D

Got a new sleeping bag to try out, four season, comfortable from -1 to -8, extreme to -26, should be like toast this year.

Les

Guest sadjagboy

Managed to persuade a friend to take his Westy, as my 2b is still some way off.

So I've bought a new compact sleeping bag and a micro fibre towel! He is constructing a luggage rack and changing the fibreglass seats to the 'touring' ones, while I've been looking at waterproof bags. Looking forward to the 700 mile round trip to Stoneleigh.

Still planning on making it to Newark for a 3rd year, although that is likely to be by beemer. No wonder my car isn't finished yet!

Regards

Angus

Guest Ian & Carole
Are off the ground fire pits allowed??????????????????

Not sure Andy but we never see any one checking us out.

Car as ready as it's going to be :mellow: sadly will let the good cars down as it still has its battle scares from "The Ring" incident. :mellow:

Just don't know were the winter went.

Back to the show........ camping on the usuall piece of grass just passed the Warwick complex on the right.

Dispay area 40 B same as last year.

BBQ, gazebos, big top etc. all cleaned and back at GBSc today.

Volunteers required to help fit 100 eyelets to the side panels of the big top in an attempt to make it a bit more draft free.

Steve, Stephen and I will be there from mid afternoon Saturday.

The "Show phone" will be turned on from mid day Saturday for any one who needs help to find us etc, don't do break down recovery though :rolleyes:

07528 652 387

See you all there.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm hoody off to bobs this weekend then stoneleigh then no were not one of you can come up with a where hes going to go who hes going to meet come on guys I cant bear this we need to get sorted. I got the big write up in the mag now i need the rest of you to do your bit.

Just a quick note for all newbies, potential hoodies or anyone just wanting a chat at Stoneleigh.

Introduce yourself.. Ive not met a club member who bites yet. (not sure about hoodie the bear though)

It may seem a bit daunting and qliquey if you dont know anyone, but all it is, is a bunch of blokes talking about cars so just butt in and you will find a wealth

of knowledge, information and advice.

No one is trying to sell you anything and the set up is all done by volunteers to make for a great weekend.

Newbies are the club`s future existence and are always needed and welcome.

Some club reps eg Gaz, will even have their names on their jackets so just grab them.

That said, there really is no excuse to to complain after the event by saying people didnt help you or notice you.

The intitial contact is up to you.. So please just ask or introduce yourself.

GBS are set for an exciting new start and you could be a part of possibly the biggest kit car club in the world.

Andi

Having a hard time deciding, Hood or Camper. Both going well but with camper being a top end luxury vacationing vehicle with all mod cons it is edging in front at the moment. Just off in the Hood to visit with Dad on the Lizard. Nice 80 mile blast in the sun and dust.

Nigel