Stoneleigh

steve in stockport

Guest Ian & Carole
Just a quick note for all newbies, potential hoodies or anyone just wanting a chat at Stoneleigh.

Introduce yourself.. Ive not met a club member who bites yet. (not sure about hoodie the bear though)

It may seem a bit daunting and qliquey if you dont know anyone, but all it is, is a bunch of blokes talking about cars so just butt in and you will find a wealth

of knowledge, information and advice.

No one is trying to sell you anything and the set up is all done by volunteers to make for a great weekend.

Newbies are the club`s future existence and are always needed and welcome.

Some club reps eg Gaz, will even have their names on their jackets so just grab them.

Andi

I have just taken delivery of "RHOCaR" lanyards with name badge holders and clip for your car keys (Mitch :rolleyes: )

So if any of you want to let peeps know who you are get your name / avatar on a bit of card, get your self along and buy one, all profits are going to the "Hoody Bear" fund.

Blackwaterplantationoct09025.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarkB

wife still hasn't decided if she is joining me at Stoneleigh, definatly won't have the hood ready so its either wife and kids in the tin top or the bannana might make another appearance as long has nobody has a problem with it parking next to the ROHCAR pitch..... well saying that... as long as the stupid german sat nav finds stoneleigh instead of 5 miles past it and a distressed phone call to Nick !!

Guest shopsmith

I'm planning to go to Stoneleigh for the first time. I'm going to take my 2b. Could someone give me some exact directions on where the show is in stoneleigh and where I should park etc. I might even buy a tent and camp over?

Thanks

Martin

Ps

still haven't located the source of the rubbing sound on the 2b when I take r/h turns. so hope I get to Stoneleigh ok :o

Guest Ian & Carole

Auto route says 57 miles for you - M1 - M45 - A46 loads of singage off the A46 really can't miss it.

http://www.stoneleighpark.com/visitor/directions/

might help

http://www.grosvenorshows.co.uk/KitCar/KitCar.html

see my earlier posting re camping and the display area, if you get stuck give me a ring.

Stoneleigh

Just finalized details for the above.

Pitch 40B will be the display area, as for the past 2/3 years should hold 150 cars, we had 130+ last year on the Sunday.

Daily Entry fees are.....

Kit car driver entry FREE.

Kit car Passenger £6.00 (6 - 12 £2.00) Half the normal entry fee.

Foot fall daily visitor is £12.00 (6 - 12 £4.00) each day

Kit Car driver -- camping £5.00 including entry to show on Both Days.

Kit Car passenger camping £15.00 Adult (£5.00 6 - 12 years) with entry to show on Both Days.

None Kit Car drivers / Passengers camping £25.00 Adult (£10.00 6 - 12 years) with entry to the show on Both Days.

We will be pitching tents gazebos on the grass off to the right of Avenue " M "just passed the Warwick Centre.

AGM is booked for 16.00 hrs on Sunday afternoon in the Warwick Center

Guest Ian & Carole

"Smarty pants".

Well done ROB best we save that one for next year :D

Display area 40B I think is one of the grass strips 2nd to the right of the main grass display ring in the middle of the photo.

Looking forward to the show. Hopefully it will be my first camp over. Also hoping that my old man ("Oldcodger") also turns up in his V8 Westie as he's also a newly fledged Hoodie.

Having the car rolling road tuned and new exhaust fitted next week so all being well should be ready. Just praying for good weather! :yahoo:

hi all,

this will be first show with Jen, the new woman in my life, and we may have her 8 yr old daughter with us, how many of you are taking the little uns this year, dont want her to be bored after being dragged round the stalls all day lol

Mitch

now cars back together, insurance sorted, mot next yeahhhaaaaa, then a few miles testing the new head and maybe rroad, see if it can get 140 horse's now its back on all four cylinder lol |(120 on three lol)

Guest ausi dave

I hope to be in the UK for the Stoneleigh Show, volcano dust clouds permitting, so I hope to meet you all there. I hope to get hold of some camping gear and do the two days, do I need to book for a camp site or is it just turn up and pay?

Guest andydav

Hi all

Will be there for the first time in the 2b+, providing i can get over the cutting out problem. Got a new coil ordered for Monday, so hopefully that will cure it. If not, i'll tow it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Only kidding.

Only live 25 mile away so not far.

Anyone recommend good (when i say good, i mean cheap, but useable)breakdown cover??

See you all there.

Andy

Guest MartinP
I hope to be in the UK for the Stoneleigh Show, volcano dust clouds permitting, so I hope to meet you all there. I hope to get hold of some camping gear and do the two days, do I need to book for a camp site or is it just turn up and pay?

Dave,

I will be there from Saturday, for the whole weekend. I will have a spare tent, sleeping bag and camp bed with me. You are welcome to borrow them for the duration.

Martin

Hi all

Will be there for the first time in the 2b+, providing i can get over the cutting out problem. Got a new coil ordered for Monday, so hopefully that will cure it. If not, i'll tow it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Only kidding.

Only live 25 mile away so not far.

Anyone recommend good (when i say good, i mean cheap, but useable)breakdown cover??

See you all there.

Andy

NCI vehicle rescue i,ve used them sense my biking days

Autoaid: 01277235600

£30 something last time i checked. Works like an insurance policy so you pay the recovery truck then claim the money back.

Guest shopsmith

I just joined the AA. £69 includes Road side repair and full rescue home or on to destination. I'm covered in any car I travel in including of course the 2b.

Martin ^_^