Sliding Pillar Chrome Shaft Replacement

Guest barneymagru

Guest barneymagru

Hi

I am new to the forum but I am in need of a new chrome shaft for the sliding pillar setup on my 2b. I bent one during a power induced u-turn which also involved an uninvited kerb!!

Can someone tell me the original source for these as I cant recall - I would look up the videos but I dont have a vcr anymore.....

If someone has done a conversion to wishbones and the shafts are no longer required then please give me a shout and I might be able to buy the whole lot as I also need to replace the bushes.

Thanks

Guest kleighton

I've got some replacement chrome shafts (although not sure about bushes, I may have them somewhere), but not sure if they'll be the same size as yours. I believe there are some after market shafts that have slightly different dimensions to the original Ford part.

There's plenty of info on this site about conversions if you're interested, GBS do a conversion I believe, and I think other members are offering their services supplying wishbones.

Thanks

Keith