Where To Rivet The Side Panels?

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

As title-dont want the battle ship look (no offence just my preference) so could someone put some detailed pics up of where they riveted the side panel so the rivets arent on show.

Cheers

J

Guest mcramsay

i did mine along the top and bottom edges so they get covered up by the scuttle panel and bonnet. and you obviously cant see the bottom ones unless you turn the car upside down tis really the only other place you can put them.

Guest oddsocks

I was thinking about the front-would the nose cone cover them and would the arch(wing) cover the rear? I was also thinking where you get into the car-could you rivet along the top there coz you got some rounded alum which sits on the side panel if im right???

Dont what a bone shaker! :D

Guest james123

Hi I bonded my side panels on and riveted top and bottom . Like you say at the front the nose cone will cover and at the back so will the wheel arch. Also where you enter the the car keep the rivets towards the top so it will be covered by the trim .HTH james

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lucavigg

Unfortunately as an inexperienced builder I went for the "battleship look" and drilled holes in the side panels as per some other build photos I had seen at the time.

Do you all think that this will lead to corrosion problems at the rivet points later on and should I take this opportunity to get a new set of panels at some point?

Luca