Getting All The Camping Gear On The 2b

speedtripledan

Prefered the look of the box too. If thats a net from the back of a Peugeot then they aren't as strong as you think. Doesnt look safe to me and I would guess Mr Plod might not like the look of it.

Go for the box and the rucksack with a rachet strap around the hoops and tyre hoop to secure it all in place.

Theres straps holding it all down under the net, well spotted it is out of a pug :rolleyes:

Guest Alan_builder
i know it looks a bit **** looking but its theonly way i could get the missis and the camping gear in the car for stoneleigh

At last a use for the hoop

Hi all,

This is my solution -

my side carrier

So there is an advantage in a Crocodile hood.

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Guest Vindi_andy
theres a locost about with a roof top box fitted to brackets on the roll bar, so the box you have is just a shoe box really, lol.

Mitch

The kit with the roof top box could of been us at Newark last June with a roof box fitted directly to the roll cage and a picture made it into the press "totalkitcar.com".

Tango with roofbox

I needed the extra space as when the four of us are camping we like a few luxuries like chairs and airbeds etc. My wife even has a camp kitchen!!!

Alternatively it could be BBWales from Locost Builders with his Locust, with a custom built frame which is hinged at the back to enable him and his girlfriend to get in and out when they were touring in France for six weeks.

Can i just add prefered the box on the back. Looked a much neater solution

post-3746-1272485876_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tango & Family

Guest Richard W
Sadly NOT legal!

It cannot be written on with a marker as it doesn't conform, and Halfords, or any shop for that matter, cannot sell the DIY plates anymore as all plates now have to be manufactured properly and only on production of V5 and ID.

You can buy them online, so I've been told........... ;)

Aah, wondered why I'd not seen them for a while.. Thank you for the update!

Guest The Modfather

I tried getting one from my local factors, even though I knew that this was now illegal to sell. All plates must have the manufacturers name and postcode on them. I think I ended up getting mine from Car Builder Solutions or Europa, can't remember, honest officer?!?!?!

Guest Dan_Beeston

I've got a Stainless Steel site box from Machine Mart that bolts onto the Spare Wheel hoop, can't seem to find them on the website now though?

Served me well on a couple of trips to the continent, and it's lockable too!

I've got a Stainless Steel site box from Machine Mart that bolts onto the Spare Wheel hoop, can't seem to find them on the website now though?

Served me well on a couple of trips to the continent, and it's lockable too!

nice idea i was going to look for something like that