Engine Mounts For S7

Guest Gts

Hi I'm building an s7 was brought as unfinished project and have found that one of the engine mounts is broken and need to replace are they a robin hood part or off another doner

Hi

It's a mk1 I believe as lower suspention arm fits to doner part not robin hood part. The engine mounts don't look the same as the ones in sierra I will try and get a pic on here see ifany one can I'd them thanks

Guest robinj66

Nick - which bit of the engine mount are you missing? Which engine are you fitting?

Below are pics of the bits to fit a Pinto/ Cologne engine into my S7

Had the same prob, you cant buy new early engine mounts. So I measured the height of the original mount, then bought some engine mounts from CBS (various heights available). so the new engine mount plus a piece of 3mm plate gave the same height. Piece of 3mm plate on top of engine mount turret, two holes as original mount to bolt it down and hole in the middle to bolt the new mount through. Next prob is original mounts had a long 12mm stud, can only get short 10mm new ones. So I had a cut off high tensile 10mm bolt welded on to make it long enough, then sleeved it with a piece of brass tubing to make the OD back to 12mm for the engine bracket. Went to all this trouble because my original mounts were squashing, the sump was denting the engine bay floor on bumps and the alternater fins were hitting the steering shaft on left handers. Now the engine is rock solid, gives alot more confidence knowing the lump up front isn't swinging all over the place!! Have the studs welded by proffesional dont want them to snap off!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AWhite

Yes you can get them new. They are from one of the sierra cosworths. I got mine quite cheap from Graham Goode in Leicester. They offered me the uprated ones but i nearly fainted when they told me the price.

Just take an existing one into your local motor factor and tell them you think they are off a sierra cosworth.

Andy