2000cc Blacktop Zetec To Type 9

Guest loopyonion

Guest loopyonion

Whilst waiting for my test date ( after the vosa grilling phone call as to why I bought a partlybuilt kit)..;)

I have aquired a focus 2000cc blacktop, and after/when she passes, will be fitted.

I've searched the forum numerous times, plus other sites, and there's not really a clear answer.

I know we need a spigot bearing, that's sorted. But, as I intend to run the stock clutch from the focus 2000cc, and flywheel from the same. What release bearing do I need.

Some sites, say Capri with a clutchfork mod, others transit, others stock.

Surely there is a recipe to follow exactly?

If its a pain, then I will go to the 1800cc flywheel method.

Any ideas fellas?

Guest loopyonion

Thanks for the reply, just won a flywheel for an 1800cc mondeo off eBay. £1.00 and £10.00 carriage ;)

I will be getting it skimmed, and the holes drilled accordingly.

Does anyone know the pcd of the pinto cover?

I assume it's standard release bearing which is already fitted?

Cheers

steve.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dinger

So many ways to skin a cat,lol,

Here is what I have done,

2.0 zetec flywheel and clutch, Pinto clutch release bearing,

In my opinion the zetec clutch is the better option when running circa 170bhp as the zetec clutch is already made to run 135bhp where the pinto engine was only running 110?

The clutch fork position has to be changed though as the bearing wont sit flush on the pressure plate forks, This is done by removing the retainer stud on the opposite end of the clutch fork, you will need to remove the bellhousing and with a pin punch tap it out from the back, Tapp an M6 thread into the hole where the stud was removed, A bolt with 2 nuts wound onto the bolt can be screwed in the hole and adjusted to get good contact with the pressure plate forks, Its usually 12-15mm, remeber to add some thread lock then wind the nut down to lock this bolt in the right length,

A very nice feel from the pedal is achieved with this method.

This can also be done with the zetec flywheel and clutch

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smartfazer

Exactly how and where does the spigot bearing go?

Also, is it correct that when I tip up the gearbox (type 9), propshaft end down, that oil poors out? Does it need a new oil seal or does it seal itself when the propshaft is inserted?

And, should the oil look like automatic transmission fluid (both colour and consistency)?

Thanks

Steve

Guest dinger

Exactly how and where does the spigot bearing go?

Also, is it correct that when I tip up the gearbox (type 9), propshaft end down, that oil poors out? Does it need a new oil seal or does it seal itself when the propshaft is inserted?

And, should the oil look like automatic transmission fluid (both colour and consistency)?

Thanks

Steve

The spigot bearing goes in the end of the crankshaft(flywheel end) The main gearbox shaft locates into this when bolted to the block,

The propshaft seals the gearbox once inserted into the tail end of the gearbox and quite normal for the oil to be brown and smelly.