S7 Iva

Guest Gts

Guest mower man

I don't want to upset you but Iwould think it will be a nightmare but if you are determined enough it's possible but be prepared for a lot of hard work advise 1 get acopy of the IVA manual and read it cover tocover at least twice

2 seek out on here people who have done itand talkand visit them if possible

3 GOOD LUCK

I am fortunate my mono car was completed bfore either SVA orIVA came about! again stick at it and all the best mower man :good: :crazy: :clapping: :search:

Guest adahutch
I think theres a post on here somewhere about Mono's unable to pass SVA's mind was built and reg'd before. :(

mine passed the sva

not that i built it.

Guest mikea

No problem with monocoques and SVA .. lots have passed with modification .. although mine needed no structural changes (New series three). There are plenty of threads on here about this. S7 may be different as it is an earlier car.

Oooowww! That all sounds very negative. I don't think there are issues with stainless monocoques and IVA. Some have gone through and plenty did SVA without mods to the chassis mine included.

Two immediate problems you will have to sort are the seat belt upper mount height. Welding in a cross bar in the rollhoop and strengthening the rollhoop mounting will sort that. Side light repeaters to go on the rear surface outer edge of the front mudguards is the other. Then theres lots of sharp edges to cover and probably other bits to do but I would be very positive.

Nigel

Guest loopyonion

I will let you know, my s7 mk2 is in for iva next week or two.

Only job left is to clean it ;)

I've done a few re- enforcing tricks at numerous key areas, including the seatbelt mountings.

I have a link to my photobucket account on here somewhere, do a search on my posts and you will find it. Otherwise, search loopyonion on the photobucket website.

Cheers

Steve

Guest Gts
Oooowww! That all sounds very negative. I don't think there are issues with stainless monocoques and IVA. Some have gone through and plenty did SVA without mods to the chassis mine included.

Two immediate problems you will have to sort are the seat belt upper mount height. Welding in a cross bar in the rollhoop and strengthening the rollhoop mounting will sort that. Side light repeaters to go on the rear surface outer edge of the front mudguards is the other. Then theres lots of sharp edges to cover and probably other bits to do but I would be very positive.

Nigel

Mine is not stainless it's steel but hopefully shouldn't be to different I know it not going to be easy

Guest Gts
I will let you know, my s7 mk2 is in for iva next week or two.

Only job left is to clean it ;)

I've done a few re- enforcing tricks at numerous key areas, including the seatbelt mountings.

I have a link to my photobucket account on here somewhere, do a search on my posts and you will find it. Otherwise, search loopyonion on the photobucket website.

Cheers

Steve

Hi nice car has yours got sierra lower arms at front or The rh items looking good nick

Guest loopyonion

nick, thanks for the kind words, although it does look a bit better now, I've done more iva work. I will update my piccies;)

my car uses the sierra bottom arms and roll bar. Coupled to robin hood mounts on the frontend. The front shocks are inboard.

I will post some more piccies this week when I've cleaned it.

Then, it's time for a powerplant replacement. ;)

Guest mower man

Did'nt mean to be negative so my apologies I have run my early mono car for seven years 30,000+miles with no big probs other some minor cracking of s/s panels and in my opinion caused by the stupidly high front spring rate 180 lb which :search: :good: :yahoo: reduced to 120 lb and the fitting of tie bars instead of the orig anti-roll bar it works for me!!!! regards mower man