Been To Stoneleigh Today.........

Shaft

Hi all,

I've just got back from my 1st trip to Stoneleigh and thought i'd post on here

to say what a fantastic day we had. Excellent show, loads of trade stands and i managed

to get all the nik naks and bits and bobs i was after.

GBS stand was mega busy as usual, which can only be good for Richard. :good:

Went to the RHOCaR stand / area and i really must say i was well impressed with the turn out.

What a great bunch of people, and it was a pleasure to put faces to names after corespondance

on here.

A real special thankyou must go to Ian and also Phil Shelton, both of whom couldn't of made me feeel more

welcome and a part of the club if they had been paid too, so thanks lads, a great day for me and i look

forward to many more shows. :hi:

Best regards,

Nick

Same here good day out.

Finally oredered the Zero kit car Richard was very helpful and swapped some items around that I did not need, fingers crossed should be ready for collection mid-June.

The RHOCAR stand was friendly as ever great brew! - thanks Ian. Hopefully next year I'll be there in the car (time permitting).

Be prepared for the newbie build questions.

Guest adahutch

i was not sure on the weather today so i thought i would lave it until tomorrow.

i have been the last few years and always think that it is one of the best shows that i have been to.

Guest martynr

My first at Stoneleigh, what a difference to Stafford. Nice welcome on the RHOCAR stand and a good chat with Phil Shelton helped get some ideas flowing. Thanks for that.

Managed to bag myself a couple of good deals, a set of spanner heads for the 3/8 drive set, so tappets can be adjusted, some new screen uprights and a decent seats and runners. Unfortuneatly spent all evening measuring up, aligning the runners and remeasuring and realigning. Then getting into a state of confusion as to which way the seat slides on the runner , before finally fitting them only to find that the bolts on the seats clash with the bolts on the runners. Result very little adjustment. Need a rethink on the seat bolts. Happy days.

Guest Vindi_andy

rocky, if you runners are like mine you need to fit the bolts so the heads are in the runners so the threaded part pokes out. that way the heads just recess enough to clear each other

Guest martynr
rocky, if you runners are like mine you need to fit the bolts so the heads are in the runners so the threaded part pokes out. that way the heads just recess enough to clear each other

Thanks, the issue i have here is that hte runners are very low profile to give me the leg room beneath the wheel, I have used the standard ford seat bolts throught the floor and the bolts supplied with the seat to secure hte seat to the runner. unfortuneatly the heads are to deep for the profile of hte runner. I am hoping that hte ford seat to runner bolts are hte same thread as hte new seat frame. if this is the case then i can grind down the heads on hte bolts that go through the floor and hopefully, with fingers and everything eles crossed the bolts will then pass.